Used baby clothes

Hi mummies! What is your take on getting second hand baby clothes from platform like Carousell? Do you have any concerns about your baby wearing clothes handed down by unknown source (i.e. people you do not know personally)?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I won’t bother to buy baby clothes online as they’re really not that expensive if you restrict the number you buy, so how much can you really save? I don’t mind hand-me-downs from friends and relatives but I’ll check the condition before letting my baby wear. If buy second-hand, it’s to save money, so of course makes more sense to buy adult clothes, especially with brands so you can really save or to use for special occasions like gowns or what. What’s the point of going to meet a seller to buy a piece of baby clothes for eg, $5? I assume they would have a few pieces since they’re selling second-hand. And sometimes not all designs you’ll like, so end up, not worth the time at all.

Read more

the saying, “beggars can’t be choosers... “ look at those 3rd world country’s kids being so grateful and happy for “new” clothes which are actually old 2nd/3rd hand clothes. i guess it’s really the mentality of how you wanna take it on. best to be leaving such clothes for the ones who don’t mind about superstition and will be grateful and appreciative.

Read more

why not? hand-me-downs are way more comfortable & if the clothes are still in good condition why not? babies grow fast. just make sure to inspect & give it a good wash before letting LO wear it

I won't mind if it is from close relatives. Won't wanna risk taking from strangers as baby's skin and health is delicate

I prefer its by someone i know. Babies hv sensitive skin. Not sure how long they hv keep e clothes in e first place

I’m ok with it cos I will wash them with baby detergent first before letting my baby wear them

I'm ok with second hand clothes as long as I personally know the one who gave.

no issues. just wash them first before using on your baby.

VIP Member

I took from my sis only, only if you are comfortable.

I think it’s fine! Just give them a good wash. :)