Is there a limit when it comes to spoiling your children with material things?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

All parents want the best for their children and I've never met a parent who doesn't want to give their children the world if they could. However, I do believe that there should be a limit to a parent's love when it's measured in material things. Children need to learn the value of material things and if they were simply handed everything, they will not learn. God forbid, but if something happens to the parents, how will the child fend for themselves? You can give your child whatever he or she wants but make them work for it. Hand them some chores, responsibilities and reward them once they execute those well. This will reflect what they will go through when they are adults -- you work hard, you get rewarded :)

Read more

I agree with Yuna. I certainly believe that parents would do anything and give anything for their children to the best of their abilities. However, parents should also take note that children need to know things aren't easily produced and that it takes a lot of hard work to get the things that psrents provide for their children. Parents need to have a constant communication and give reminder to their kids about these things so they would understand that cannot easily get what they want.

Read more

If your child demand something and you wish to give it to him/her, don't give it immediately. Tell them that you wish to think over it and maybe after a week or two give it to them. This teaches them the feeling of not getting something when wanted at the same time they will get what they want. Giving them anything what they ask for right away is the premium example of spoiling children with material things

Read more

Definately there shld be.. if portraying a limitless material to kids, they will grow up to be overly dependent on parents, and they probably would not appreciate things as much when things come easy.

You mustn't give children everything they want immediately otherwise they won't learn how to be patient or handle rejection

Yes po. Di lahat ng gusto nila ibibigay natin. 😊 Lalo sa panahon ngayon, kailangan maging praktikal.

There should be I feel

VIP Member

Yes

Yes