My son just crossed 2 months , he doesn't sleep at night almost he wakes up at midnight 12 and sleeps at six in the morning. I have tried making the room dim, trying to differentiate morning and night but didn't work, he plays, shouts, cries, has his milk in that time and it is becoming tough as I have no sleep in night

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's difficult but I think what ur baby feels is the home environment is same day or night. Instd of dimming light keep it closed. If he wakes up at night, let him remain in his cot. Give him his toys in the cot but keep lights off. Don't react to his noise or crying immediately. He could just be testing u out. If u keep awake this way whole night, u will lose ur health badly. His feed also give him as soon as hes up. Then let him be in the cot. For a 2 month old, they tire out easily. It sounds harsh, but if u don't attend to him during these hours...esp after u have given him all he needs...it's not going to cause any problems. Another thing could be thT u and ur husband take turns if he can help out. And u definitely take full rest the moment ur baby sleeps anytime of the day. It's true tht house work is important, but u also need to remember tht having a healthy life is better than having a perfectly fine home. So speed up ur work or cut out on areas where it's ok to ignore. Hire a maid/cook and rest out. It's just a phase. Baby will grow out of it fast, but if u develop the habit of not sleeping at night, u won't be able to get back on track soon...

Read more
8y ago

😃😃

Hi, I think you should try to understand that it has been just two months that he has come into this world, and everything from sleep, to your touch, to bathing, to feed, etc., all things are new to him. He is adjusting to whole lot of things at the same time, and you will have to keep patience till the time he starts adjusting to your sleeping time. You are already doing a few things to make him adjust, so beyond this, all you can do is wait. He will take some little more time to follow your routine, and it will happen sooner or later. Be patient. My baby adjusted to our sleeping pattern by the time she turned 5 months old. I suggest catch up with your sleep in the afternoon when he takes the nap. Please go through this link, it may help you in understanding the situation and what all you can do to help baby fall into your sleeping schedule. http://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/baby-sleep-problems.aspx

Read more
8y ago

:)

Hey, He is just two months and his sleeping schedule to become regular would take some time. We must understand that he is very new to this world and he is acclemetising to the environment. You can't even set an environment for the baby to make him differentiate between day and night, as he is too small and you got to wait for a month or two to expect that understanding develop in him. Yes, but you can start now, so that he get used to and familiar to it. I suggest have little more patience and your baby will automatically adapt to your ways.

Read more

at 2 months your baby is just a newborn. most babies fall into a sleep pattern only once they are about 6 to 8 months old. your baby will wake up multiple times through the night, feed a little, rest and then want to feed again. i am sorry but it is going to be a few months before you can get some good sleep through the night. to make sure you do not fall sick, try sleeping whenever your baby does. if your baby wakes up and just plays by self, let him do so. if your baby needs a feed, do so and then put your baby down again to bed.

Read more

Hi dear, this is totally normal and your frustrationa are understandable too! 2 months, baby is so small and tiny in this huge world. Give him time, let him grow. I have learned 1 thing which helped me, to follow and adjust to your baby needs. Be patient during this time. Also routine is crucial. It gives babies, toodlers, kids, adults a sense of structure knowing what to expect and secure.

Read more

Been experiencing the same. My 2 months old sleeps in the morning and up at night. When I carry him he sleeps but each time I put him down he well wake up and cry so I have to carry him again and make him stop. Thats routine at night. I pray that he will change his sleeping habbits soon. Goodluck to us Mommy!

Read more

Hey mummy, give him good massage n then give him night bath then cut off all light n put night light n speak very slowly every day so your baby can understand different between day n night 💤😴

Hi I tried one thing n it worked for me If he have fix time to wake up then just 15 -25 min b4 feed him . I tried it n from d age of 2.5 month my baby sleep at 8.30

Read more
8y ago

Thank u

hey your baby is too young at 2 months! please understand that it will be at least 5 to 7 months before your baby falls into a proper sleep pattern