Should I have a schedule for my 2 months? But how am I going to do it? He wakes up 1 or 2 hrs for milk. How can I make him sleep more at night? Or is he too young to start as he need his milk in the night.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I believe in having a schedule as early as possible as babies thrive on routine but of course sometimes have to be a. It flexible especially when they go through growth spurts. Start by having a fixed interval of his feeding session, keep it to 2.5-3 hours. When my baby was on 2 hours interval at 2 months old PD told me too frequent and need to drag to 3hours . It is easier to have a schedule so you can plan your time better too. At night is harder to control but still must have the 2.5-3 hrs interval as much as possible so if baby wakes earlier than expected try to pacify him. Some babies can sleep through the night on their own since a few months old, some can't . I don't think it is necessary to force them to drop the feeds at night but I will keep to the interval and I try to keep it to only twice a night.

Read more

Simple bed time routine is good to have. Don't expect child to sleep thru at night caz they are not biologically capable - stomach too small - will hungry. In the day try to put him to sleep every 2-3 hrs at least. There will be many growth spurts and teething episodes and sleep regression so u have to be realistic not to expect too much. At night got 3 hr is good - any more is bonus, 5 hrs is considered sleep thru the night le. Most will be able to at after 6 months when they start solids and have something more filling for dinner

Read more
VIP Member

You can start with a bedtime routine first. 2 months maybe a little too much for sleep training i personally feel that. the initial 3 months is tiring, but it will get better after the 3rd month. evening time you can start off with a body wipedown. dim the room light, and maybe on some music or lullaby so baby can associate these with bedtime. Once you stick to this routine, baby will slowly adapt and sleep longer at night too

Read more

You can have a simple routine of Eat followed by Play then Sleep. Try not to keep them up for too long so that they don't get overtired. For 2 months old, they probably need to have a nap again after 1.5 hours of being awake. Slowly the intervals will get longer. As with milk, maybe go with your child's request as they do get moments of growth spurts where they require more milk.

Read more

Set a routine, bring the baby to the window n tell LO that it is dark n night time so it is time to slp. In the morn, bring the LO to the window n tell him it is day time, is time to play