Treatment at work

Do any mummies feel the difference ( in a bad way )in which your superiors treats you when you’re pregnant and after you came back from maternity leave ? When I was preg I have took quite a lot times of mc due to discomfort as well as bcos my work requires me to stand for a Long time , eps in my last trimester , and she have been constantly using it against me... any other mummies felt this , it’s just rly like I’m loss of words

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

There will be many bosses and colleagues who expect you to work the same way whether you’re pregnant or not, and if we work differently, they see it as an excuse. I believe that as a pregnant woman, I have a duty as a worker to still work as hard as I can, but to know my limits. If I can’t do something, I will say so. My bigger duty is to my baby. I’m the only one who can protect my baby. I’ll put it this way.. If I died the next day, the work in the office would still carry on. I’m dispensable and replaceable. But if something happened to me or my baby, that would be a very different story. Of course, quitting would be the last resort, but you need to definitely look out for yourself and your baby. On days you’re feeling well, work harder so your boss knows that you’re a valuable team player. But on days you’re not well, take care of yourself and your baby first. Then you’ll have no regrets, and you’ll also have the respect and understanding from bosses and colleagues

Read more

I resigned my job and forgo my maternity leave because my lady boss firstly, is partly responsible for my colleague's miscarriage (just 1 month before I found out I was pregnant) and secondly, asking me to serve customers & pack goods + carry heavy loads like 15kg weight when that's not my jobscope the moment she found out I was pregnant. (I manage marketing and online E-commerce) My husband told then told me, there's plenty of jobs elsewhere but baby there's only 1. And want me to choose wisely. And I did. Never regret it and now I'm in my 3rd trimester, 6 more weeks to see my baby! :D

Read more
VIP Member

Yes. My manager pointed to me directly about my work and pregnancy during meeting. She purposely make me do works which doctor advised me to avoid too. So I quit and never feel regret for leaving this kind of superior.. I heard she was "doomed" after my resignation

TapFluencer

My Managing Director reject my 7days MC and deducted 7days salary before I start my maternity leave 😒