Polyp at 12 weeks

Dear mummies… I have a polyp at my cervix and it bleeds whenever I vomit too much or when I force too hard due to constipation. I was on bedrest for sometime as I was bleeding quite a lot in the earlier weeks. However, my gynae mentioned that I should be able to stop bedrest once I am in second trimester. Just want to check if any mummies continue to work even though you experience spotting due to polyp. My work involves quite a bit of walking so I am kind of worried. Thank you in advance.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I was told I have a polyp at cervix neck since Week 5 (when I found out about my pregnancy). I’m at Week 9 and I just realised that this would actually cos bleeding. I got a shock when I bled while peeing in the middle of the night. Couldn’t go back to sleep and waiting for gynae to open so we can get it checked. Can anyone share more of their experience in the later stage of their pregnancy? Will this be a continuous issue? What should I expect moving forward :( Thanks for sharing in advance!

Read more
1y ago

I am at week 31 now. I bled again recently. Not sure if it’s from the uterus or polyp because I have low lying placenta too. However, my gynae told me to minimise movements and all to play safe.

Thanks for the sharing. I also have polyp and spotting at week 6. However my gynae doctor say differently that there is chance I might need to do an abortion or miscarriage as my baby sac is placed at the lower uterus. Sound so heartbreaking. 😢 Do you all happen to have a fibroid? just ask 🙂

My gynae removed my cervical polyps when I was 17 weeks pregnant as it was causing me quite a few bleeding scares and I had to be on constant bed rest. Possible for your gynae to remove it for you later in your second trimester?

2y ago

Thanks for sharing. My gynae was advising me to wait till I deliver.

yes i had polyp and spotting too. i continued to work..

2y ago

Thank you for sharing. I am starting work soon. Hope all will be well 🙏