Sleep or milk?

Is sleep *or* milk more important for a 3 months old’s growth? Pls don’t comment and say both. If I can do both, I wouldn’t be asking this question. Thank you.

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Personal opinion is that there's a limit to how much is good. The rule of thumb for my kids was at least drink a bottle every 3 hours at this age. If Baby is sleeping for extended hours e.g.5,6 hrs at a stretch without drinking, I'd wake baby up to drink milk.

Super Mum

I would say sleep. Sleeping can help to support their mental and physical development. Moreover, lack of sleep will lead to an overtired baby. An overtired baby will fight sleep and will wake up frequently through the night. It is like a snowball effect.

5y ago

Sure, thank you, Feifei! Just the kinda answer I was looking for when I posted this question.

Sleep Checked with PD before, he mentioned that sleep is good for brain development, if LO hungry he/she awill “ask/cry” for it. So don’t worry and let LO sleep.

5y ago

Welcome :)

Sleep definitely. Helps in brain development. No need to worry abt missing feed etc as baby will drink more when they wake up for feeds!

Sleep is important for baby’s growth. Let baby sleep, when hungry, baby will ask for milk. Don’t worry.

5y ago

Even if it’s for hours on hand? Thank you for your reply btw :)

VIP Member

I let LO to slp but if slp more than 4hrs not wakin up for milk, then i will wake her up for it.

Sleep. They won't go hungry, will let you know when it's time for milk :)

VIP Member

I would think sleep. But also depend on how much milk intake already.

Hi, Both are important at this stage

I would say sleep is more important