My LO is 3 weeks old. I was told to feed every 2-3hours. But if baby sleep more then 3hours will you wake them up for feed or let them sleep till they cry for milk ?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I do not think you should wake up your baby to have feed. If your baby is hungry, he will on his own wake up out of hunger. Babies generally too take small naps and if your baby is taking longer nap, you must check that otherwise he is doing fine or not. If he is not having any physical ailment as such then longer sleep is good for his health. Just make sure that his nappies are dry and he is not in wet diaper for too long, as in that case you will have to change his diaper and in the process he will get awake. But that is fine. Also, if the baby is healthy and have no problem, then longer naps are perfectly fine.

Read more
VIP Member

That's what my confinement lady from PEMS told me too. Every 3 hours during the first 4 weeks must feed them every 3 hours. If sleeping, not longer than 4 hours. Cause Nb, they are growing. But some ppl beg to differ. They feel that baby sleeping don't wake them up, cause they are developing. But personally, I followed my CL advise.

Read more

If baby has jaundice, it is a must that u wake him up to drink - maximum is 4hr. But if it is just breast milk jaundice then it's ok to just wait for baby to cry. Also depends on ur little one if big or small drinker, and can drink how much at one go. As long as everyday got hit the milk volume quota or the wet nappy quota will do ya

Read more
VIP Member

If baby is clear from jaundice you can let lo sleep longer . But if you want them to sleep at night you might want to wake lo up as so that they can recognice between night and daytime.. If you direct latching ,just feed on demand , not by schelduling . Wait for baby cues.. Cheers to us mommy !!

Read more

is baby jaundiced? I woke my girl up every 3 hours to feed for the first month, thn second month I just let my girl sleep.

VIP Member

I will feed cause very young. Some time they sleep a lot cause of jaundice, from what I read before

TapFluencer

Let them sleep and auto wake for milk sleeping is important to baby too

When my LO is 3 weeks old, I will wake her up to feed every 3 hours.

VIP Member

Let the baby sleep...feed only when awake

feed when baby awake unless got jaundice