My 5 weeks old baby does not want to take afternoon nap

Since she reaches week 4 , I have a difficult time making her take her afternoon nap. Normally I will nurse her till she close her eyes and stop sucking them I will put her down. But she always sleeps for 15 mins then she will open her eyes or cry’s. Then I have to start all over again. This leads to her over drinking and vomiting. I tried rocking and patting her. She won’t close her eyes as well. She won’t take the pacifier. And if I let her be she will cry because she will be too tired. I close the windows and use white noise but this still doesn’t help. Is there any other way around this?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

How does she sleep at night? Do you close your curtains during the day and make the room dark? At this age, the baby is starting to understand the day-night rhythm. So during the day, do not make the room dark. Try taking her out a bit during the day. This helps them nap better. Hope it helps.

Read more
6y ago

Thanks for your advice. She sleep well at night. And only wake up every 2 and a half hours to 3 to nurse and she will continue to sleep. At night is complete darkness, I have doing this since I bring her house from the hospital. Just that nap time is a struggle for both of us.