Should I continue taking prenatal vitamins even though I’m in my 2nd trimester?

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Don't stop! It is very important that you take your prenatal vitamins throughout your entire pregnancy. The vitamins are mainly important due to Folic Acid that they contain. It has been scientifically proven that women who do not get enough folic acid when they are pregnant have a MUCH higher chance of having a baby with spina bifida. You need to at least get 400 micrograms of folic acid a day when you're pregnant I personally take blackmores pregnancy and breastfeeding advanced dietary supplements. It's about $25 for 60 capsules. I take 2 capsules daily. It has bout 500 mg of folic acid, 150mg of iodine, and 1000 iu of vtamin D as well as fish oil.

Read more
Post reply image

I continued with my prenatal vitamins all the way till I gave birth. Prenatal vitamins have what is required to keep you and baby healthy. Folic acid Helps prevent neural tube birth defects that affects spinal cord and brain. Calcium Helps maintain mummy's home density Iodine Helps maintain mummy's thyroid function Iron Helps blood carry oxygen Among these are also many other vitamins essential for a healthy development. http://www.m.webmd.com/baby/guide/prenatal-vitamins

Read more
Post reply image

Yes, like what the rest said, it is highly recommended that you continue with your supplements unless advised to stop by your doctor. You can even continue after you have given birth if you are breastfeeding. You baby will benefit from the higher doses of essential nutrients like folic acid, calcium and iron in your diet. The supplements will also aid in your body's recovery after childbirth. You can speak to your doctor for his/her recommendations.

Read more

In the second trimester, baby's organs such as the heart, lungs, kidneys, and brain develop fully so that their size becomes larger. Babies also can hear sounds and swallow. you can ask your doctor in a health consulting application named Halodoc for sure. the doctors will give you some best advice and information about your health and baby

Read more

hi currently im in wk 15 n only taking obimin n dha for one each everyday. but no appetite when comes to food..didnt take much fish, meat n veg..but afraid baby not enough nutrients..so what other supplement do i need to take?

Hi, I detected my pregnancy as early at week 4 and I am on my week 22 now. I am still taking my prenatal vitamins such New Obimin( which contains all other vitamins like folic, iron and so on) , Calcium and Neuro gain.

I'm 32 weeks, you'll want to stay on your vitamins through out your pregnancy and also after if you plan on breast feeding.

yes prenatal vitamins help the baby grow do stop taking them unless your doctor tells you too

Yes it is recommended and also continue to take them after delivery as well..

yes continue taking prenatal vitamin it's good for the baby and you