Starting Taken vitamins at 2nd trimester is it ok?

I’m at my second trimester now and due to my nauseas and acid reflux I couldn’t take anything even my vitamins and folic acid. But now when I’m on my second trimester then I started taking it. Will my baby be ok?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Folic acid is a must only until week 12. When I requested for top up, the pharmacist told me after week 12 folic acid won't be absorbed and just be expelled from the body through urine. But no harm taking so I am still taking. The vitamins and supplements are recommended from second trimester only. So should be fine. Your gynec will be giving you fish oil and Obimin multivitamins in second trimester. If you think you don't intake enough calcium, you can add on calcium and vitamin D3 supplements.

Read more

dont worry your baby will be fine. so long as you continue to take your vitamins. some moms didnt even realised they were pregnant and didnt even consume any vitamins. managed to carry to full term and give birth to a healthy baby. i know youre worried. stay positive ❤️

Skip the folic acid since you're already in the 2nd tri now. Just the vitamins. And do ask your gynae on your next visit if you can top up other supplements like fish oil, etc.