RECIPE OF THE DAY: LUMPIANG UBOD A Pinoy food feast will not be complete without the traditional lumpia. Aside from adobo, lumpia is the co-star of a traditional pinoy party table. Admit it, when you hear the word lumpia, the first thing that pops in your mind is the Shanghai version. But, we all know that there are still other variants of lumpia. I’m sharing you my recipe of Lumpiang Sariwa using ubod ng niyog. The exciting part here is, you can make your own wrapper instead of using the traditional one which can be bought from super markets. Kindly check the full recipe below. Ingredients: FILLING ¼ Kilo Ubod ng Niyog (julienned) 100 Grams Baguio beans (sliced thinly and diagonally) 100 Grams Cabbage (shredded) 1 Small Carrots (julienned) 1 Big onion (minced) 4 Cloves of garlic (minced) 100 Grams shrimp (shelled and sliced) 100 Grams ground pork 3 Tablespoon cooking oil Salt Papper Lettuce (Optional) SAUCE 1 Cup of water 1 Tablespoon of soy sauce 1 Tablespoon of vinegar 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar 1 Teaspoon of cornstarch Crushed roasted peanuts Minced garlic Seasoning (optional) WRAPPER 2 Cups of fresh milk 1 Whole egg ½ Cup of all purpose flour PROCEDURE: FILLING 1. Heat oil in a pan 2. Saute onion followed by garlic 3. Add the ground pork until it turns light brown 4. Add the shrimp until it changes color 5. Put the ubod ng niyog followed by carrots, baguio beans and cabbage 6. Put salt and pepper according to taste 7. Add a little bit of water and cover the pan 8. Occasionally stir until the veggies are soft SAUCE 1. In a sauce pan, add ¾ cup of water 2. Add the brown sugar and stir 3. Add the soy sauce and vinegar 4. Use the remaining ¼ cup of water and cornstarch to create a slurry 5. Add the slurry and stir until the sauce thickens 6. Add powder or granulated seasoning for additional flavor TIP: If you want more sauce, just double the ingredients above WRAPPER 1. In a large bowl, combine the fresh milk, flour, egg and beat them until all ingredients are well mixed 2. Heat a frying pan and put in the mixture according to the desired size for the wrapper 3. Carefully scrape the wrapper and flip it to cook the other side Tip: Make sure that the wrapper is not too thin nor too thick 1. Put in the cooked filling on the wrapper 2. Place the lettuce on top of it 3. Gently roll it 4. Wet your thumb and rub the edge of the wrapper and put pressure on it to seal 5. Pour the sauce over the lumpia 6. Sprinkle the minced garlic and peanut on top of it 7. Enjoy!

Post image
9 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Ang sarap naman nyaaaan!! :) Super love ko ang lumpiang ubod but I never tried making one! Magalng lang akong kumain! hahaha. Thanks for the recipe. Hopefully mom sees this and she'll make one mamaya. hehehe :D

VIP Member

Oh I so love your recipe! It's very hearty and healthy at the same time. Thank you for sharing this. I'll make sure to include this in our meal of the week next week.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah natatakam ako. Sana may magbaon ng ganito sa office minsan!

OMG Its my fave food , Its Ubod ng sarap . Thanks for this!

woah! i'll try and cook this over the weekend. looks good!

VIP Member

sarap nito ha!!! masubukan nga. thanks for sharing!

yummy!! thanks for sharing the recipe :-)

this is my one of my favorites!!!

VIP Member

looks yummy!! thanks for sharing