RECIPE OF THE DAY: PORK ADOBO (Dry version) Even though considered as Philippine’s national dish, adobo still has plenty of variations. Each Province has its own version. But, of course, the main components stay the same. Some like their adobo saucy, but for me, I personally like the dry one. As I’ve said, there are plenty of types of adobo but, the secret to a tasty adobo is (drum roll please)… Check this out. Ingredients: ½ Kilo pork belly (sliced to 2” wide) 3 Medium sized red onion (Chopped in cubes) 1 Garlic head (Crushed) Pepper corns 4 Pcs bayleaves 1 Cup of soy sauce ½ Cup of Vinegar ½ Cup of water 2 Tablespoons of oil The secret: Marinate the pork overnight! In a bowl, mix the pork, soy sauce, garlic and onions. Keep it in ref overnight. Procedure: 1. Take the garlic and onion out of the marinate bowl 2. Heat oil in a pan 3. Saute onions followed by garlic 4. Add the marinated pork and keep the soy sauce 5. Once the pork turns golden brown, add the vinegar but don’t mix it for 1-2 minutes 6. Add the bayleaves and peppercorns 7. Add the soy sauce from the marinate 8. Add water and let it simmer until pork gets tender 9. Mix until the sauce evaporates and oil from pork fat shows 10. Serve with hot rice and enjoy!

Post image
3 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Aaaaaaaaaadooobo!!!! Number one favorite ng karamihan satin. May sariling version si Mama, pero thank you sa recipe! Try namin to

Mahilig sa adobo ang asawa ko. I will try this recipe. Thank you!

Yummy! Parang gusto ko tuloy ng kanin ngayon :D