ARROZ CALDO RECIPE Since maulan lately, napaisip ako if anong masarap na iluto mamayang dinner na bagay sa malamig na panahon. As I was browsing the net for rainy weather pinoy foods, I saw this image of Arroz Caldo. Gusto ko i-share sa inyo itong recipe na bigay pa sa akin ng aking butihing ama. I’ve tried this many times and gusto ko uli i-try mamaya pag uwi ko sa bahay galing office. Ingredients: ¼ Kilo chicken (chopped) 1 Boiled egg (cut into halves) 1 ½ Cups of rice 3 Table spoon of cooking oil 4 Cups of water 1 Thumb-sized ginder (julienned) 1 Medium-sized onion (chopped) 3 Cloves of garlic (minced) 2 Table spoon of patis (or depending on your taste) Half chicken cube Pinch of ground pepper Toasted garlic Spring onion 1. Heat cooking oil in a pot 2. Saute onion then ginger and lastly garlic 3. Put the chicken in, mix evenly for 3 minutes 4. Add water 5. Add rice and bring it to boil 6. Check if both rice and chicken are tender 7. Add more water if needed 8. Put the chicken cube 9. Add patis 10. Add pepper 11. Add toasted garlic and mix until it softens 12. Place the Arroz Caldo in a bowl 13. Place the egg halves on top of it 14. Garnish with spring onion and more toasted garlic 15. Add calamansi 16. Enjoy! Additional tips: 1. You can combine ordinary rice and malagkit. Ratio is: 1 cup of ordinary rice and ½ cup of malagkit 2. If you want your Arroz Caldo to be yellowish in color, add kasubha (dried saffron flower). Almost all local markets have this 3. Top it with crushed chicharon for additional flavor Dads, kayo anong recipe ang nais niyo iluto for your family? I challenge you to share your ultimate recipe here #parenttowndare #papacooks

Post image
17 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Wow! Thanks for sharing! Super perfect for this rainy weather. For sure, hubby will love this meal after a day's work. Looking forward to more of your #daddy'srecipeoftheweek

Mmm, looks really good! I haven't tried sauteing the chicken before putting the rice in. I'm going to try this as soon as i get the chance! Thanks!

VIP Member

My dad has his own version of Arroz Caldo, too! Thanks for sharing this! Maybe we can try this tonight as it is perfect for the rainy weather. :)

Aha! Buti na lang nakita ko sakto maulan ngayon bagay na bagay ang Arroz Caldo! Masarap din siguro yan lagyan chicharon! Hmmmm pampa-bata!

Wow! Nice presentation for arroz caldo huh! Haha i'm not a fan of the food pero looks really yummy and sakto sa panahon.

May nabibili po na ganyan sa kanto namin. Lagi yan almusal ko atsaka pandesal nakakabusog. Hehehe 😁😁

My favorite arroz caldo is actually made of oats instead of rice! Lighter and healthier but still hearty!

Natakam ako! Hahah. Dahil jan, mag-arroz caldo din kami mayang gabi. Itry ko itong recipe mo.

Love it! Thanks for sharing. Been craving for this since it's a perfect dish on rainy days ;)

Waaaaaaaaah perfect for merienda on a rainy weather. thank you for sharing this!