When Do You Guys Experience The Development Of Breastmilk During Pregnancy

Recently I went for prenatal massage and was told that my milk glands are emptied. According to the masseuse, by 29 weeks of pregnancy, I should have milk produced by now to prepare for new born. The masseuse also told me that all my milk glands seems to be blocked and needed further treatment. Thus, I'm really concern. Can anyone share with me when do u experience milk production? Is it all will be after 28 weeks of pregnancy or after u have delieved ur little one?

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yikes I wouldn't trust this masseuse even for prenatal massage anymore. Milk production doesn't usually start that early and there should not be any stimulation of milk glands before delivery as it can cause contractions before term. Don't get how she can just say milk glands are blocked when milk production hasn't even started. If there's no milk production, what is there to be blocked??? Omg. Cheat money.

Read more
5y ago

I was thinking are they trying to Con my money. Luckily I didn't sign anything.

It should be after delivery. Then the nurses will bring your baby to suck and I have colostrum on the second day and milk kicks in day 4. And you should quickly find a post natal massage cause engorged is really painful.It makes me feel like giving up everytime. If you wan I have the contact for the massager. She is good 👍

Read more

All my 4 pregnancy I started producing colostrum at 27 weeks. But everybody is different and the concern is to produce milk after birth.

Hey, I think you need not worry. The milk development happens right after delivery and it is a natural process which takes its course

VIP Member

I didn’t think of breast feeding before that. My basic understanding is that it kick in after delivering?

After delivery. Colostrum for first few days after delivery. Milk kicks in after ard 4 days.

VIP Member

Shud'nt it start producing after delivery? Maybe she just want you to do more treatments with her?

5y ago

I think so. But I did not purchase any of their package haha

Super Mum

I have colostrum 3 weeks before edd and also few days after birth

Super Mum

I would think aft delivery, then the bm will kick in.

5y ago

Thank u. I was so worried

VIP Member

usually after give birth then will have eh