Recently, I had a subtle displeasing incident where I was planning to make a trip to my brother's home and his wife did not respond well because she did not want me at their place because their 8 year old son's exams were going on. My husband, my daughter and I were planning to go for just one day, and that too on a weekend. I felt very bad when she did not showed any welcoming attitude which is why I cancelled my programme and my husband went as he had some official work. I felt hurt and I do not feel like talking on regular basis to her like I used to do. I am feeling I should maintain distance as she changed her attitude towards me for just a tiny thing. Do you think I am right?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

it's just 1 day...that too when her son had to study. come to think of it, you too could have changed your plans instead, isn't it? it's not about taking any side, but i think you are clearly making an issue out of nothing. just because she is your brother's wife, she is not obliged to make you feel comfortable, even when she will otherwise be busy and concerned about her son's study. i think you too would have done the same in her place, trying to make your son revise instead of entertaining guests.

Read more