Am i being petty?

Recently i had a meltdown. Something triggered me reminding me of something terrible that happened in the past. I cried but I wiped the tears as quickly as I could. Instead of consoling, my husband confronted me for being that way. He knew i cried. My eyes were red swollen. The next day, he went to his sister place because she also had an episode. Except that she was crying and hitting her head against a pillow possibly talking to herself and someone had recorded her. Spent the entire day there trying to console her. I may not act like the sister but i also do have the same thing happened to me just that nobody recorded it. Am i being petty for being emotional thinking he doesn’t care about me? A lil context - sister is an adult same age as me, doing well. Just that she deals with stress differently by screaming shouting banging head i deal with it by crying in silent by concealing it, nobody would even know i am hurting.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi dear, hugs! sorry to know you feel this way. yes, if I'm you i'll definitely feel shitty. but why keep quiet on your end? many cases i see is because the party keep quiet that "irritates" their partner in a way. say it out babe! let him know you are hurting and not mentally well. tell him you need the support as much as he gives his sister. he'll definitely give it to you :)

Read more
3mo ago

I tried. He is upset and told me I should mix personal and family issue. sometimes i feel so lonely in this marriage that i really just want to experience again meeting someone new and have someone care for me. Man just stop caring after marriage

you are you, his sister is his sister, why compare? maybe he was expecting you not to act out , unlike his emotional sister?

3mo ago

his sister must be a really dramatic person?

I would feel the same way as you.

3mo ago

I guess i am not being petty then :(