Secondhand smoke

It’s really frustrating and unavoidable to inhale secondhand smoke. Anyone encountered this but baby is still healthy?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It's very hard to avoid smoker in Singapore. as I'm not driving and use public transport most of the time so I will always see people smoking at the bus stop while waiting for bus. Furthermore few of my colleagues are smokers. Everytime they come back from smoking the smoke smell is still retain on their clothes and their breathe is so smelly. I will try to wear mask sometimes.

Read more

Yes, is really irritating. My neighbour is a smoker and he wil come out to the corridor to smoke. Throwing cig butts onto the floor. Thankfully, they r nt always at home. N whenever I encountered I wil shut my door, switch on fans to full blast n stay away frm main door. When im outside I wil deviate from smokers too. I guess is very hard to totally avoid as we r surrounded by them.

Read more
Super Mum

Very irritating. My dad visits me often and im staying at a 1 rm rental hdb. So he intend to smoke outside corridor and the smoke smell still comes in and linger. Was told im rude that i told him off 😑

VIP Member

try to avoid as much as possible. I usually hold my breath when walking pass people who r smoking. lucky for me no one @ home smokes. hubby quit the moment he knows I'm preggy 😂

my in laws smoked in the house when I was pregnant. they didn't care it was very ridiculous. I'm so lucky my bb turned out healthy n fine if not my MIL will typically blame me...

Is really irritating. I will usually walk away and avoid as much as possible

Super Mum

As long as you are not constantly exposed to the smoke it should be ok.

VIP Member

Hmmm you mean at home or?

5y ago

I see. Yes hard to avoid, the winds especially. I noticed elderly men who smokes at public, they don’t care. They will smoke along the shelters/road if no one notice especially under the HDB etc. Or I see a group of people that is smoking. I will try to avoid from far or walk a different path if I notice they carrying a cigarette. Town area not so bad, bcos it’s strict. They need to smoke at certain area. Usually I will avoid the area too. As Long didn’t exposed for so Long is ok. I will just keep a distance / avoid from them.

TapFluencer

Yes is very irritating. My husband is a smoker so he will normally smoke in the kitchen but when i go in after he smoke, the smell is there and i hv to hold my breath and do things fast.