Smoker/vaper people around when pregnant

Anyone live with people who smoke/vape but delivered a healthy baby? I know they say to avoid smoker/vape when youre pregnant but sometimes even after they smoke/vape, the leftover smell will still reeks and youll end up inhaling it.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

While it is ideal to avoid exposure to smoke and vaping during pregnancy, I understand that it may not always be possible, especially if you live with people who smoke or vape. Each pregnancy and individual's situation is unique, so it's important to consult with your healthcare provider for personalized advice. While there are risks associated with secondhand smoke and vaping, it's worth noting that not all babies will experience negative health effects in these situations. Some factors that may contribute to a healthy pregnancy and baby include: Ventilation: Ensure that the living environment is well-ventilated to minimize the concentration of smoke or vapor in the air. Limit exposure: Try to minimize your exposure to the smoke or vapor as much as possible. Spend time in well-ventilated areas or step outside when others are smoking or vaping. Personal hygiene: Practice good personal hygiene, such as washing your hands frequently and changing clothes after being exposed to smoke or vapor. Healthy lifestyle: Focus on maintaining a healthy lifestyle by eating a balanced diet, staying active, and getting regular prenatal care. Support: Seek support from your healthcare provider, who can offer guidance, monitor your pregnancy, and provide interventions if necessary. Remember, it's always best to prioritize your health and the health of your baby. Open communication with your healthcare provider is crucial to address any concerns and receive the most appropriate advice for your specific situation. https://www.gotobuuy.com/glass-water-bongs.html

Read more

When I had my first born I was still staying with my parents on wkdays and went bck hme on wkends due to work arrangement. and unfortunately my own dad is a heavy smoker, and yes I'm asthmatic too due to tt. It did affect my asthma back then, had more frequent attacks during pregnancy but it didn't have adverse effect on my baby. But luckily my mom's hse is a jumbo and my room then was literally like at the opp end of the hse blocked by many walls so the smoke didn't get to my baby when he's born. We bought air purifier too just in case. it does feel different now with my 2nd pregnancy, rarely exposed to smoke as I'm bck in my own hse and hubby doesn't smoke. No asthma attack whatsoever. So if possible to avoid, do tell the smoker to smoke outside if can.

Read more

Vaping involves inhaling substances into the lungs, and the safety of vaping during pregnancy has not been thoroughly studied. Nicotine and other chemicals present in e-cigarettes and vaping products can potentially have harmful effects on both the mother and the developing baby. https://www.gotobuuy.com/lookah-dragon-egg-electric-dab-rig.html

Read more

Me! My mil and bil smokes, so even when they go out and come back, the smoke still lingers. Baby is healthy. Usually after they smoke, I will just lock myself in the room first and avoid interaction with them cause the smell is too strong.

for me, i just avoid walking close to my family member right after they smoke and if we go out together they find a corner away from me to smoke and take a few mins more to air themselves

I did. My husband, my dad and my brother. I will avoid to be around them, ventilate house, diffuser, purifier, keeping up with good hygiene.