Exposure to secondhand smoke in early pregnancy

How long does it take for a one-time exposure to 2nd hand smoke to be harmful to an early pregnancy? I was exposed for about half an hour to electronic cigarette smoke, I may have been around 1-2 weeks pregnant at that time (wasn’t aware and hence didn’t really make an exceptional effort to move away). Do you think it might have affected the baby and should I worry about this?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As long not everyday should be fine. Better than me, my neighbour downstairs smoke everyday all around e house and worse of all I am WFH. I think what we can do is avoid all smokers if we can..

It should be fine. Usually early pregnancy we might all have accidentally drink alcohol or been exposed to smoke a little. As long as we stop immediately after we know it should be OK.

Hopefully should be okay. I was still smoking when i was pregnant at 1 month because I didn’t know i was pregnant. And i smoked with friends. My baby born healthy, now he is 2 mo.

Always breathing in secondhand smoke from neighbours at home. But close the windows as soon as I realise it. Hope it’s all ok #paranoid

try to avoid second hand smoking as much as possible.

Try to avoid as much as possible