Rant + advice needed... How can I ask my hubby to have patient with his kids? My son is 3 years old. As all three year old he is mischievous and curious, many whys, what's, etc. My hb have no patience to entertain him. He will ignore and shout loudly to ask him to dun disturb him. Basically give him a black face. I tried talking to him. He just brushed it aside and start quarrel with me. Say he very bz with work, his hp nv left his hands. Me on the other end. My work can nv be finish. I'm a shm btw. He nv reali helps with hse work and will only move when I ask him to, or when he notice my face change to black. If I tell him all these we will end up quarreling. I just hope he will have more patience towards the kids as he complained they are not close to him.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just sharing some of my thoughts. Perhaps the next time your husband mentioned that his son is not close to him, suggest having a family day where all work is off limits during that time. I’m not sure what is the nature of your husband’s work, but hopefully he is able to take a few hours off during the weekend to make time for family. Another suggestion I could think of is to ask him how much time he needed to be attending to his work matter while at home. So, during this period, you can ask your son not to go to him to minimize the chances of him snapping at your son. Also, see if he is open to the idea of putting them to bed at night for some father-son time without you. As for the housework, I coming up with a task sheet may help. Simply state what he should help out with and put that on the fridge. Can make it fun and involve your son in the housework too. In this case, everyone gets to contribute. http://organizedhome.com/family-ties/kids-chores-chilling-chore-wars Hang in there!!

Read more