Working mums

Preparing to go back work in a month and feeling the anxiety now.. Feels like can't be there during LO's waking hours and will miss a lot of their milestones.. Will they forget us.. Working mums could u share ur experience on how u cope, any adjustment that could be made to spend more time with LO? Thanks!

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

It's very difficult at the start and I had the same worries as you, always feeling sad for missing their milestones and worried they won't be as attached to me. But i got used to it, also realized that baby milestone doesn't just happen in one day but a gradual thing, if you see baby everyday you won't miss anything. And my baby is always super happy when I get back home, after a long day at work seeing baby's excited and happy face is the best feeling ever. So it will be fine don't worry too much! Luckily my company is also quite flexible so I can work from home occasionally so I can spend more time with baby.

Read more
Super Mum

I feel you! I recently got back to work a month ago & I can’t wait to be home as soon as work’s done. Tbh, it was tough in the beginning but am slowly getting the hang of it (waking up earlier to pump & latch LO before gg out to work, pumping at work twice a day etc). But dont worry, LO will not forget us. Once I reach home, say hi to my LO. She’ll flash me her smile... Makes my tiring day so much better.

Read more
VIP Member

It’s normal to have separation anxiety in the beginning and it will take some time to adjust urself mentally and emotionally back to the past. If ur company allows flexi working arrangement or u can take half day for the first weeks to help u gradually cope with the adjustment back to working life and bonding with lo at the same time. It’s a transition phase and after that u will get over soon.:)

Read more

Same worries as you when I'm heading back to work after my maternity. The fear of my LO being attached to my helper instead of me. What I did is that i take care of my LO full time when I reach home after work and on weekends. I also insisted on bathing my LO myself. Now my LO is almost 6 months old and i'm glad that he's very attached to me.

Read more

Super tough on the 1st work week. Feel like I am having separation anxiety. Up till now I am back to work for 3 months I still missed my LO. always rushed home immediately to see him so that I could spend some times with him before he sleeps.

Super Mum

There is no way your child will forget about you. Make an effort to spend more time after work with your child. That can mean not meeting frens after work which is what I chose to do for the past 3 yrs. I meet them usually over lunch.

VIP Member

At first, is very tough. On the day of work, cried bef i left hse. During lactation, take out phone n see LO photos n video. The moment i home, LO will be super happy to see me. Which i glad she din rely much on grandparents or maid.

Super Mum

This could be useful. My wife tell her boss to use one day of leave spread out across Monday to Friday so that she can leaves early and go home feed babu

VIP Member

Yes there will be withdrawal symptoms but it gets better as the days go by(:

VIP Member

Maybe check with your company if you could apply work from home