Portable playpen Vs Play yard. Which is better?

Post image
12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My cousin prefers having a play yard because it is bigger and allow my niece plenty of space to play in it. My cousin likes to keep most of my niece's toys within the play yard so that there is less clutter around the house. She sometimes joins my niece in the play yard. With a cushion and a book, they could comfortably have a reading session and some quality mother and daughter time. My niece is used to playing by herself in there, my cousin often could do some household chores without having to worry about my niece's safety. But like what Jaxy mentioned, playpen is more portable and would be useful if one has to be in different areas of the house. It really depends on which better suits your needs.

Read more

I have both. I honestly prefer a playpen. Playyard is pretty and spacious but it takes up a lot of space in the room. Whereas a playpen is very portable i can bring it to different part of the house when i want to. Unlike playyard, if i would want to shift it to another room, i will have to dismantle the entire thing and rebuild it again. You may want to plan your space in your house before deciding on one. The good thing about playyard is even is your kid is older, they can still play around it in and get out of it on their own.

Read more

Depends on what you need. I prefer a playpen. As my house is small I don't have the space to have a play yard. I find that a play yard is too big and clutters up the area. Whereas a play pen can be placed any where I am. This means I can cook or clean whilst baby is next to me. Moreover babies usually won't stay long in their designated area. So I won't get a play yard.

Read more

I was considering this too and have decided to go with a portable playpen as I don’t have a lot of space at home and I like the idea that the playpen is more mobile and I can shift it to where I need just a little help in keeping my baby safe when I need to do something for a short while.

If you have space in house, go for play yard as it will last till your child is much older compared to playpen. Playpen will have risk of toppling if kid jumping and pressing on side.

Playpen is preferred

Play yard is best.

Portable play pen

Let them enjoy

Play yard