play yard or walker

Would u all recommend to buy play yard or walker? Which one will use for a longer period of time?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Play yard which can be used from an earlier stage and allows baby to learn how to sit up from lying position and stand up while holding the fence (: that said my toddler loves to push anything in sight now from stools to laundry basket, so having a push type of walker for after 1yo may be fun for your kid too! (:

Read more
Super Mum

My daughter has been using her play yard (the playpen made up of panels) for 4 years, and thr second kid’s using it too. Keeps them confined too, for their safety. I created their kingdom for them within it. Haha

4y ago

Oh my HDB flat doesn’t have space for slides and stuff 😂 But toys and books galore, with storage racks and shelves. My children don’t watch TV or use ipads, so my older one has grown to love books and imaginary play, jigsaw puzzles and now practising how to write. But it’s really up to you to decide how you want to create your LO’s kingdom:) I did get a walker for my first daughter but after hearing all the dangers of it, we pretty much used it as a stationary activity station. She at most stood in it/bounced in it while playing with the toys/buttons attached to it (with music). So she learnt walking without using the walker. Our playmat’s thick (the one inside the play yard), so that’s where she learnt how to walk:)

Play yard! I had both for my son, but the walker isn't of much use, cos he climbs out of it, which is really dangerous.

TapFluencer

I had both I find walker is better baby tend to learn more in walker than yard.

play yard...its for their own safety..

VIP Member

Walker (the push to walk kind)

VIP Member

Play yard is better

VIP Member

Definitely playard!

Super Mum

Play yard!

TapFluencer

Play yard