Working mum

Pls share with me how to cope with work and taking care of baby. I find it tiring to juggle with work and come home taking care baby.

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

for me I miss my lo at work, so the first thing I do is shower and take care of my lo. before I get back to work I keep asking myself can I cope both in the same time? should I stay at home and leave my job? if so, we will be short of one income. but there is a thing,I would just give a try. yes, is tiring. after a long day of work come back home still have to look after baby and never get enough sleep or rest. is not easy. what u can do is maybe u should consider work short hrs.

Read more

It’s really tough. Guilty when you are spending time at work and guilty when you are home and knocking off from work on time to spend time with your toddler. I feel exhausted mentally and physically sometimes trying to juggle both. Sometimes it feels like you can’t win either way. I’m just juggling both managing one day at a time now sacrificing mostly my me time.

Read more

It’s never easy honestly and it can get frustrating It’s very tiring I know But manage it in stride and ask for help from hubby... I am working and coming back home to also latch on the little one But at the end of the day Tiring or not It creates a bond that nothing else can compare

Read more
VIP Member

I requested for 30 hr work week from my company so that on some days I work half days. I guess I'm lucky that my company supports working mums in that sense(: But yes it was and still is tiring on some days but the hubs helps out as well and that allows some me time n to rest a little.

I understand on how you feel. I will have a quick shower and dinner after work at my mum house and my husband will fetch me and my lo home. about 1-2 hours of bonding session. put lo to bed around 10 ? it depends on my work end at what time too.

Think what is contributing the tiredness - sometimes it could be just metal anxiety. Try meditation to calm yourself. It Will also energise you more. Spending those 20-30 minutes can really help full day...

My mum will offer to take care of my baby when I am at work and I will only take care of him throughout the night after I end work. At least I trust that my mum can take care of my son so that i can focus during work.

yes, it can be very tiring...so its important to have a partner (i.e. your hubby) to help. for cleaning etc, if you dont like the idea of having a helper like me..can always get part time help! :)

Super Mum

My baby is in infant care. When I come home from work, I straight bath , play awhile and feed her and she goes to bed at 7pm. After that, I can have my dinner and ME time or catch up on work.

I totally understand how u feel as I am in the same position as u. Lucky me is I'm staying with my in law and we also have helper. the only solution is to get help from parents or in law.