Pls share some tips on how to have self care as a busy n burnt out SAHM of Two young children and Hubby extremely busy at work n me with no other help (in-law, parents etc).

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Leave all the chores at nite when both r sleeping. Music helps me alot. I plug in wif my earphone onli on one side(leave e other ear free for my kids in case they wake up) n read a trashy magazine while they rest in the day. Take a shower, sing a little. Just do what u use to enjoy b4 kids but bargain a little with time frame. Hang in there mama!

Read more

It must be hard for you. I totally can relate to that I have no help at all either. I wished I had though and I always felt envious for those who has in laws or family members who are willing to help. Best in mind that self care is very important. Once your needs are met you would be able to function at the best.

Read more
VIP Member

Close one eye on a lot of things. Lol. Don’t be too obsessive about cleanliness cos babies also need some exposure to dirt. Not saying cover your child in rubbish but rather just... chill.

Hi, You can have a part-time helper for cleaning etc of the house and also consider the option of childcare. That way you will get more time for yourself and you will also feel refreshed

Send the elder one to childcare. Last time when I have only 1 kid, almost everyday clean house. Now got 2 kids alrdy, I close 1 eye and let the house be in a mess.

VIP Member

While the kids are asleep, you can self care! I usually use a sleeping mask for myself as i can just sleep while having a hydration mask to keep my skin supple!

VIP Member

It’s really tough. How about enrol to child care / playground for 2 hours kind? As a SAHM, you also need sanity, don’t be too hard on yourself

I usually do it when the kids are asleep. I love my quiet moments. But that means having to sacrifice some sleep time

Super Mum

Consider childcare? Lidten to music and watch some netflix at night

get part time helper, send to childcare, and when kids are asleep!