Please share your favourite healthy dessert recipes!

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Rock Road Brownie Cake Ingredients 1 cup less 1 tablespoon (115g) plain flour ¼ teaspoon baking powder ¼ teaspoon salt 4½ tablespoons (64g) unsalted butter, melted ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon (66g) unsweetened cocoa powder  1¼ cups (250g) sugar 1 large egg 2 large egg whites 2 teaspoons (10ml) vanilla extract 8 regular-size marshmallows  ⅓ cup (60g) white chocolate chips ⅓ cup (60g) milk chocolate chips  Instructions Melt the butter over low heat. Once all the butter has melted, transfer the butter into a big bowl. Add the cocoa powder and whisk until the cocoa is combined. Add the sugar and continue whisking. You will end up with what resembles a mass of dark brown sugar. Add the egg and egg whites, as well as the vanilla extract. Whisk until the mixture is smooth and glossy, about 2 minutes. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the batter and whisk until the flour is just combined. The batter will be thick. Scrape the batter into a lined and greased 8x8-inch baking tray. The batter will be very shallow in the pan. If you wish, cover this with cling film and place it into the fridge for up to 12 hours. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before baking. Oil your scissors and cut the marshmallow into quarters. Press the marshmallows into the batter. Scatter the white chocolate chips and dark chocolate chunks over the marshmallows. Bake at 175°C for 25 to 35 minutes. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack for about 2 hours before cutting.

Read more

Try a vanilla-lemon berry parfait! Prep: 10 minutes. Mixing yogurt with some fat-free vanilla pudding makes it creamier and takes the edge off its tanginess. Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 6 tablespoons yogurt mixture and 1/2 cup fruit) Ingredients: 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt 2 (3.5-ounce) containers fat-free vanilla pudding 2 tablespoons bottled lemon curd (such as Dickinson's) 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 tablespoons honey Zest of 1 lemon 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice 3 cups mixed berries (such as blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries) Fresh mint leaves (optional) Preparation: 1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, pudding, lemon curd, and vanilla extract; set aside. 2. In a medium mixing bowl, stir the honey, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined. Add the mixed berries, and gently stir with a rubber spatula to coat them with the honey mixture. 3. Assemble the parfaits in four 8-ounce glasses. Using measuring spoons, scoop 3 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture into each glass. Top with 1/4 cup of the berries, then another 3 tablespoons yogurt, and another 1/4 cup berries. Garnish each yogurt parfait with fresh mint, if desired. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.

Read more
VIP Member

I usually go with the quick and easy ones that require readily available ingredients. And when I say readily, I meant what's left inside the fridge! I usually have simple smoothies---no ice and literally no sugar added. You can do this by peeling and cutting your fruits into cubes, pat the fruits to dry then place them in ziplocks. Freeze overnight. Then you can make make your own fruit smoothie combos by placing your frozen fruit cubes in the blender. That simple. You can also turn it to fruit ice cream by adding reduced fat single cream which only has 12% fat content. Sharing this link to give you additional information on how to properly freeze fruits: http://skillet.lifehacker.com/how-to-properly-freeze-fruit-for-longer-lasting-freshne-1692241279 Also, this link can give you more smoothie recipes: http://livesimply.me/2014/07/29/diy-freezer-smoothie-packs-recipes/

Read more
Post reply image

Banana Oats Bread Pudding. This is great for dessert but even better for breakfast :) Ingredients: 4 slices whole wheat bread 1 cup rolled oats 2 1/2 cups low fat milk 1/4 cup butter, softened 4 ripe bananas, sliced 1/3 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup raisins (optional) Directions: 1. In a large bowl, break bread into small pieces. Add oats and milk; stir. Let stand for 30 minutes. 2. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. 3. Lightly grease an 8x8 inch baking pan. 4. To the milk mixture add: butter, bananas, brown sugar and raisins (if desired). Stir just to combine and pour into prepared pan. 5. Bake at 180 degrees C for 45-50 minutes, or until pudding has set. 6. Cool before serving.

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

Fruit Salad 2 Large Kiwifruit, peeled and chopped 1 large Apple, peeled and chopped 2 bananas, peeled and chopped. A handful of cashew nuts and Almonds. For the Custard 1/2 lt whole Milk 2-3 tbps Vanilla Custard Powder 2-3 tablespoons Sugar Method. Mix the custard powder with a little milk and keep aside. Heat the remaining milk in a saucepan and when it starts boiling add sugar and stir till dissolved. Now pour the custard mixture into the boiling milk and mix thoroughly and simmer until thick. Let the custard cool properly and then add the chopped fruits and keep it in the fridge and serve cool.

Read more

Egg pudding is my kids' favorite :) Here is the recipe for Egg Pudding: Ingredients: eggs - 3 Sugar - 10 tbsp Milk - 2 cup Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp Sugar (for caramel) - 2 tsp Instructions: 1. Caramelize a steel bowl with 2 tsp of sugar 2. Add all the ingredients to another bowl and mix well until the sugar dissolves 3. Pour this mixture into the caramelized bowl and keep in the cooker with 1/2 cup water 4. Pressure cook this mixture for 10 minutes and remove from the cooker after the pressure subsides 5. Refrigerate and serve

Read more

Chia seed chocolate "puddings" is one of my favourite healthy dessert. Unbelievably easy to make. Had tried this recipe (I have a few because they are all so easy to make!) which is very nice too! http://www.asweetpeachef.com/sweets/chocolate-chia-pudding/ I made some changes such as not adding in vanilla extract and cinnamon (because I didn't have those.. lol). And I used chocolate milk instead of almond milk (even more chocolate-y). Enjoy!

Read more

My friend recently made this pavlova and I've been begging her to make it ever since, it was delicious! Here's a low fat recipe to to try for the pavlova base: https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/low-fat-pavlova.html what's great is that you can pack it full of your favourite fruits to be super healthy! My friend used passionfruit, blueberries and strawberries :)

Read more
Post reply image

Grilled bananas! You will need: - Ripe bananas (with brown spots) - Brown sugar To make: *Place about a tea spoon of coconut oil (or any oil you use) to a pan and allow it to heat up *Lightly coat the banana's in brown sugar - cook the banana's on each side until brown. Caramelised banana goodness!

Read more
Post reply image

Fruit juice popsicles!!! :-) Step 1: Pour fruit juice into popsicle mould (found in Daiso at $2). Step 2: Cut fruits and pop them into the mould. Step 3: Cover it, put it in the freezer and wait! Step 4: Enjoy on a hot day! :-)

Read more
Post reply image