I am in need of some mumspiration - please share your favourite short stories/ inspiring words on motherhood

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I've had my daughter when I was 18, fresh in polytechnic. While most of my same aged peers were working hard for their future, I was working as a salesgirl to earn money for my baby. I threw away most of my friends, friends that were talking behind me and saying I screwed my future up. Fast forward to today, because of my daughter (and my son), while most of my same age peers have just stepped into the working industry and started their adulthood, I'm earning enough to feed 3 mouths, plus contribute my share to the household and yet have enough money for insurance and savings. All this despite having just an "O" certificate. My kids are my motivation for me to work harder than anyone so that I can provide them the best that I can :)

Read more

“In the book Soldiers on the Home Front, I was greatly struck by the fact that in childbirth alone, women commonly suffer more pain, illness and misery than any war hero ever does. And what's her reward for enduring all that pain? She gets pushed aside when she's disfigured by birth, her children soon leave, hear beauty is gone. Women, who struggle and suffer pain to ensure the continuation of the human race, make much tougher and more courageous soldiers than all those big-mouthed freedom-fighting heroes put together.” ― Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl

Read more
VIP Member

“But there's a story behind everything. How a picture got on a wall. How a scar got on your face. Sometimes the stories are simple, and sometimes they are hard and heartbreaking. But behind all your stories is always your mother's story, because hers is where yours begin.” “When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.” ― Mitch Albom, For One More Day

Read more

There is one and only one person in this whole word whose love will always be completely pure and selfless for me and that is my mom. I would never be able to return such unconditional support and love no matter how hard I try. Reminds me of very apt lines by Abraham Lincoln. "All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother." I really do!

Read more

I can't say it better. I simply love being a mom and it just gets better everyday. Nothing can replace the joys (and tears) of being one. My life was never complete until my little angel came along. If I had to choose again, I would continue to choose this path, over and over. :)

Post reply image

The software program for motherhood is impossible to fully download into the male brain. You give them two tasks and they're like, 'I have to change the baby and get the dry cleaning?' - Allison Pearson

You have been an achiever in everything you've done...Spent sleepless nights, made zillion compromises and look what you've achieved!! Now this is one more feat you can boast of... Mumpreneur :)) !!

I'm sure most of us would have watched this viral video from a few years back. Made me cry like crazy when I saw it, but so true. #worldstoughestjob https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB3xM93rXbY

“There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” —Jill Churchill “[A] mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.” —Emily Dickinson

I heard my grandmother share her wisdom with my mom and aunts - 'I didn't care if the sky was going to fall on top of me, I only cared that all my children were safe in my arms'