Any parents freshly prepare purees for LO everyday? May I ask what do you do with the leftover fruits or veggies? Do you store the remaining half back into the refrigerator and use it again the next day? If so do you cling wrap it or store in containers?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am at sahm for now so got time to prepare fresh or make a small batch of 2-3 portions and freeze. When feed, I will warm up the frozen one or make anew. Leftovers I will throw (caz sometimes I got add fm or bm) or I will eat myself. After a few times u will be able to gauge how much baby will eat. When intro new food I will make slightly lesser than the usual serving so that not too much wastage if he doesn't finish. I prefer to feed just nice or lesser and then top up w milk feed if he is still hungry

Read more

I will keep the leftovers for only one more day. Not too comfortable keeping foods for too long for babies. It is better to put in containers. Even the avent milk bottles can use to store food :) some mommies prepare a week's supply of purée and freeze them. This is very convenient but as much as possible if I can give fresh food I will do so instead of freezing the purée

Read more

Same here i normally make a portion and freeze. But not too much about 2 days worth. Well im a sahm so i can afford to have time and make baby food. I find it a challenge to make babies food per day. The amount is too little. Just my thoughts.

Not comfortable with keeping back. I will normally pick the smallest. And blend all. If lo couldn't finish, I will eat it myself after lo finish. 😁

VIP Member

I store the left over fruits and veggies back in the fridge and blend fresh the next day

VIP Member

Usually e balance i put in a zip lock bag. Next day can use