Storing of breastmilk

Dear Mommies, how do you store breastmilk in office ? Do you store it in freezer ? Or in fridge ? Then transfer to cooler bag with ice pack when you are heading home. Need advises as I’m heading back to work soon. :)

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey Mummy, just sharing below! I’m going back to work soon too and dreading every single bit of it. 😭 For me, I bought V-Coool cooler bagpack to store my breast pump (upper compartment) and milk storage bags (lower compartment). Came with a pair of ice bricks made to keep the storage bags stand up straight. Bought Autumnz ice packs as well because I’m kiasu like that. And oh, my office doesn’t have a fridge or freezer so I really need my cooler bag to be as cold as possible from the time I leave home around 7am till I reach home which will be 7:30pm (that’s 12.5hrs! 😱). I heard those kind of ice bricks can really keep your milk cold for many manu hours. Which is perfect for my case. Good luck to you! 🤗

Read more
Post reply image
3y ago

Hey Mommy , I have tried the ice bricks that came together with the cooler bag. It keeps the BM really cold for a good 6 hrs when I retrieve it for feeding. I think 7 hrs should be ok! I’ve bought the ice pack you recommended. But I didn’t try that yet. Given the size I think it should be ok too.

TapFluencer

usually i will store in chiller. when heading home put in pack it bag. and will make sure baby drink it in 24 hour. you don't know what the put in freezer it might get contaminated

3y ago

I see :) Thanls for sharing your experience .