Is it okay to let kids wear shoes that are one size too big for them?

Post image
27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Like what Anonymous said, I'd agree with getting a size bigger if you are getting sports shoes because you'd need to consider the socks as well - but otherwise, it's better to get the right size! If your child outgrows shoes very quickly, you can consider getting secondhand/hand-me-down shoes - shoes and clothes are some of the things that can be passed for generations and through many families before the end of its life :) Otherwise, you can buy them but you don't have to go for the expensive/popular brands if you can't afford them regularly - all you need is good support and comfort in the shoes, the brands don't matter!

Read more

I tried buying one sized bigger sandals for my child when he was younger and when i finally realised why my child was dragging his feet all the time when he was walking, it has became too late as it has formed a habit which takes me lots of nagging to stop the habit... i do feel regret for buying sandals too big... if is sports shoes, i think should be ok for bigger size... hope this helps... :)

Read more

No i wouldnt feel its ok unless the difference is very little then i would buy 1 size bigger. However, if the one size is way too big for them it would affect their feet and will not feel comfortable when walking. Just imagine yourself wearing 1 size too big for you, would you buy and would you be comfortable wearing them?

Read more

It's not recommendable. But I Guess as log as LO not walking too much or run in the wrong sized shoes it should be fine. If not try the old school method stuff cotton wool at front of the shoes. =X

For me I would get the right size. I believe that it must be comfortable for them. Imagine if we wear oversize shoes, it feels awkward as well

VIP Member

As long as they don't trip in them. I buy my girls one shoe size bigger because they grow so fast! So I want to stretch my investment ;)

It depends on how much space there's left in the shoes. Shoes that are too huge tend to cause them to trip and develop walking issues.

VIP Member

It's ok if they are walking and not running. But do hold their hands as sometimes they may trip with shoes being too big

If too tight, it's will contract they foot and might cause blot clotting or swelling. So I buy 1 size bigger

VIP Member

That’s ok ! My mum did that to me when I was a kid. Didn’t bother me. Last Long too