I am always the one at fault

I am the main caregiver for my daughter, feed her, teach her, plays with her. So when she gets some scratches here and there it will always be my fault that I din do a good job. Or when her shoes are too tight my husband says then just don't wear the shoes, I am like she is walking now how can she dun wear shoes? He say since cases are high don't go out. My girl already rarely goes out and now don't even bring her to park? I don't know what I have done wrong, everything I do is wrong.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi there, Relax.. probably the issues in your marriage is not how you care or raised your child. Something is lacking in the marriage itself.. Talk to him. Go on dates. Or have simple lunch but spend quality time together as a couple. Ask him about his expectations of the marriage, your care quality of your child, etc. Tell him what you don’t like & your expectations. He may have a lot on his plate too, but he’s just bottling things up. If you are not the best care giver available then another option is to send her to an infant care or childcare. 💁🏽‍♀️ Don’t let this unhappiness prolong, it is unhealthy for your marriage.

Read more

It sounds like the problem is not with you but with your husband. He is nitpicking, it is easy to find fault with any situation and not provide a viable solution. I think there is an underlying issue here - he may be frustrated with something but doesn't know what exactly, or doesn't want to say, and is just lashing out with small things that won't break the status quo. It's emotionally draining for you. I feel the solution is not for you to try harder or start an argument, but for someone to point out to him that he is unintentionally being an AH and remind him to be kind.

Read more
3y ago

thank u!