Hi is it ok to bring a 6mo to hospital visit? As my father will be warded for a long time, he misses his grandson.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, personally, I won't be so keen to bring such a young child to the hospital but if it would aid in his recovery, I probably might. At the end of the day, it would really depends on several factors like which ward is your dad in (single bedder or multiple beds sharing?), what illness is he there for? (is it an infectious disease? or a physical treatment?) I would make sure that my child doesn't touch anything and minimize the stay to half hour and sanitize both him and myself thoroughly when we get home. Don't forget that we now have Skype and FaceTime which would allow him to see his grandson. Wishing your dad speedy recovery!

Read more

Is grandma warded in private room or? Also what is grandma in hopsital for? You just don't want baby around contagious people, so if they are recovering from thyroid, knee, arm, whatever, surgery, baby should be fine. I would stay away from waiting rooms and lounges...just straight to grand dads room and straight back.

Read more

My spouse was warded recently. NO, i did not bring baby to see him, he only saw her videos. I made sure to bathe after every hospital visit before carrying baby. I'm sure your grandfather would understand.

TapFluencer

Best not to bring toddlers to hospital. Their immune system is not fully developed for such an environment. You can always have WhatsApp video call, Skype video call between your father and your child

VIP Member

Actually hospitals not allowed to kids to visiting .. check with hospital staff weather they allowed or not .. take some precautions before n after visit ..

TapFluencer

Best not to do so. Is there anyone who can watch you LO while you're visiting your father?

Super Mum

Best not to bring such a young baby to the hospital. Maybe can video call instead?

VIP Member

No I really would not. At 6 month the immune system is too weak and at risk

Try not to as the immune system of a 6mth old baby is still quite weak.

VIP Member

Hi... it’s not advisable as the child immune system is still weak