Now being in the 3rd trimester, j can hardly find a good position to sleep at night without having to wake up 3-4 times. Also because now the bladder is being pressured. It breaks my sleep and I will be tired during the day. Any suggestions?

29 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey I'm 32 weeks as well and i feel ur pain. I didn't invest in a pregnancy pillow. Just keep one under my tummy and other behind my back. My husband massages my back and legs at night. It helps me relax a lot and sleep instantly. Also i read on baby centre forum that one can try slight fluid restriction to reduce the night bathroom visit. But please consult ur doctor before u do this. So far worked for me. Also try warm glass of milk and avoid all caffeinated products including green tea and milo. Hope this helps

Read more

Try not to waste money on pregnancy pillows as you might not like it. For me i invest on more head pillows, there's always sale like $10 per pillow. Super worth & cheap. Get maybe another 3 more head pillows. I put one to lean on my back to sleep. One in between my legs. One to hug. Super comfortable & cheap. Even after pregnancy you can just use the pillows again. No point spending on pregnancy pillow & might not be able to use it for other time.

Read more
VIP Member

Same here... but i get thirsty in the middle of the night. It wakes me up. what i do is drink a glass of water then i go to toilet. About sleep... at first i just lay in many position. I lay a bit straight and put the square pillow at my back. Then ive got more comfortable... i lay at my left side and cuddle the pillow n put my leg on it... sweet dream

Read more

Hmm, I have thought of buying the pregnancy pillow but now I have resorted to have pillows supporting me back, support the tummy, my head and also in between my legs when sleeping on my left side. 😅 Its best to change positions and to stretch sometimes too! Hang in there mummy!

4y ago

😝😝😂 yes you are not alone!

You can consider getting a sleeping pillow to help you sleep better at night. I got mine from mothercare. It works for me. This is the link to the pillow as reference: http://www.mothercare.com.sg/maternity/maternity-essentials/support-feeding-pillows/dreamgenii-pregnancy-and-feeding-support-pillow.html

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

Ooops, no wonder! I love teas, and milo and coffee! I limit my intake of coffee and Milo to once a week, but I still drink tea like once a day. Singapore weather is so warm and humid, I drink water at least 1.5 litres a day, but then I keep going to the toilet which can't be helped..

VIP Member

Now the many many pillows also not helping... Really hard to sleep at night and I tend to sleep on my left, my baby keeps me awake as well by kicking and moving a lot. :) week 32 already... Just a bit more to go! Thank you for all your advises!! Gambate!

That's just part and parcel of being pregnant. Nothing you can really do about it. Sorry. Try a pregnancy pillow, it helped me quite a lot.

we bought a maternity pillow on carousell for about $52 .. super worth it. now we have 2 !! lol coz my girls find it so comfy! !

Same here. But when am so restless, I look out for a cool place and lay down. There,I can sleep till morning without disturbance