Dont feel the bond with baby even after a month

Is it normal that even after a month, i dont feel the bond with my baby at all? And i dont feel that love towards my baby? Im not sure if its because of the post partum blues or the pain that im still feeling after csection. I also feel like i still cannot move on from the fact that i had to go thru emergency csection and im still not recovering even after a month. maybe one of the reason why i dont feel that kind of love towards my baby. Mainly cause i am in still in pain? Im scared i wont feel at all even after months. Is there something wrong with me ? And yes during the first month my husband handles the baby mostly, if not, my MIL. But now both has started working, im feeling very stressed with baby around.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! I resonate a lot with your feelings because I went through EXACTLY the same issue but I went thru vaginal delivery. Even then, I couldn’t feel love for my baby until around 3 months old. My baby is now 19mo and I’m having number 2 on the way. Things got better after my postpartum hormones balance out, plus continued bonding with baby. Breastfeeding and more skin to skin contact can help create more endorphins (happy hormones). I truly enjoy my baby only when she got more interactive and responsive, ie. 7mo onwards.

Read more
VIP Member

Hey mummy , u are not alone as I went thru similar thing . It’s mainly due to hormones. I started questioning myself why I had such feeling but once you overcome ur postpartum blue, u will love your baby very much . Skin to skin and more breastfeeding will help😉