Prenatal depression

Hi, is it normal to feel so depressed all the time during pregnancy? I’m in my first trimester and I can’t stop crying. I kinda wish I wasn’t pregnant anymore.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hey... I was crying all the time in my 1st trimester too. It was so bad that I couldn’t function properly. During this time, surround yourself with supportive and loving people, whether family or friends. The mood is so much better in the 2nd trimester! Of course, if you’re in a toxic situation, try to get out of it. Please take care dear. Try to get some sleep, and please eat and drink whenever you can. Do things that make you happy. Go for your antenatal appointments and scans and look at the little baby nestled in your womb. Right now, you are his/her entire world and solar system. You’re amazing and so important! Hang in there ❤️

Read more

It maybe hard for us to control our emotions while pregnant. I am also on my first trimester right now and It's our first baby and I don't have much of idea on how to cope it. I was so emotional on the first few weeks not until i found something to do like reading the bible, playing instrument like guitar and talking to my friend who are also pregnant, knowing that there are someone who's experiencing the same thing can somehow make you feel good 😊 I am also always talking to my baby and I am sharing her/him a bible stories 😊 It really helps me a lot, especially my spouse is not always beside me since he have to work far from us. Hope it can help you too.

Read more

Hi dear. Find someone who you can talk to. Best person would be your husband but anyone else, friends, mum etc will do. It’s best to let out how you feel. Sharing my personal experience, I cried a lot too.. I told my husband everything and everytime i feel down. Especially since I had morning sickness and would often cry at work in the toilet. I told myself that I have been blessed to have and carry this child so I have to hang in there. Things got better in 2nd trimester and I hope it will be the same for you too. Takecare

Read more
VIP Member

I cried all the way till my 3rd tri :') worst in 1st and 2nd tri cause i was diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidrum hence my vomiting is very severe. I keep vomitting and feeling like fainting till one fine day i wish im not pregnant as im so tired. But i was lucky to have a supportive husband and friends :') try talk to someone.. uts okay to feel sad sometimes but not everytime cause what u feel, baby will feel it too.. be strong mummy♥️♥️

Read more

they said it is normal, but so far I have always been a happy pregnant girl. What I try to do is focus on the positive and not on the frequent dizziness and vomiting. I think of how blessed we are to be able to conceive a child, and also how supportive and loving the people around me are. So eventhoufh I feel sick most of the time, the pregnancy blues don't last.

Read more

Emotional ups and downs are very common due to the hormonal changes. However, if you feel you need additional support, don't hesitate getting professional help. Antenatal depression can happen and it can affect how the baby's brain is formed.

Its normal to have emotional turmoil during pregnancy. This is due to the hormonal changes our body is facing. Consult ur gynae during ur appt to check whether u need to get any professional help. :)

TapFluencer

It's normal to feel down during pregnancy. What I did to make myself feel better is my mood will affect baby. I want a happy baby so I must find way to make myself happy.

VIP Member

its normal! dont stress yourself mummy. ive been so emotional thruout my whole pregnancy. i will go out to eat, relax, watch movies to make it go away :)

I'm in my 1st trimester too. I cry over small stuff, even if it does not relate to me. Try to talk to someone, or write it down in a diary.