First trimester: Is it normal to be very hungry?

Hi Mummies, I am in my sixth week and i always feel like i am hungrier than usual. I am either hungry all the time or need to snack to avoid feeling nausea. It doesn't look like being so hungry in the first trimester is normal. Is there any mummies feels the same way like i do during your first trimester?

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

it is normal!! I was sooo hungry in my first trimester. I couldnt tell if I gained weight due to extra calories or due to growth of baby bum 😅 I was hungry every 2 hours minimum. But at the same time I get full very fast as well. I cant eat the normal portion I would normally finish prepregnqncy. I have to break the meal into smaller sections, but eat more often. Im so happy I wasnt the only one qlways hungry on my first trim.

Read more

Hi Darling! I'm also in my first trimester currently 6 weeks and always hungry. I have no specific craving just hungry. I need to eat or drink something every two hrs. I confirmed with doc she said it's good mostly first tri a lot of mummies won't be able to eat . just eat in moderation and enjoy your pregnancy! god bless you and your little one.❤

Read more

That was great to have more intake. I totally can’t eat and drink. What’s goes in next 5 min all come out. Now 13 weeks just manage to have some plain water intake. Food still the same. Last time use to hear my friend want diet yet keep gain weight. Now I was other way round and reduce 5kg.

TapFluencer

Yes, I feel hungry every 1-2 hours during my first trimester. Even after a full meal, I’ll still want something to eat 1 hour later. I also had bad morning sickness which makes me hungry all the time. I’ll also wake up in the middle of the night cos I’m hungry 😖

Yes for me. I had to eat to curb the nausea. So I ate a lot!! I ate before I went to bed every night just to make sure I dont wake up in the middle of the night feeling hungry. Do what makes you comfortable! It will get better in the second trimester.

same here! since week 6 constantly crazy hungry and must much something if not I'll feel like puking. waking up at night to eat sometimes too.. yet some foods cause me nausea 😢 totally feel you!

TapFluencer

every pregnancy is different. some have bad morning sickness and can't eat. being hungry and able to eat is good. jus rem to munch on healthy food/snacks instead of junk food. 😁

TapFluencer

I ate a lot during my first tri because of the constant hunger. After that, I didn't have much appetite and slowed down. I chose healthier options like nuts and cereal.

VIP Member

I read in this forum before, it’s normal unless gynae told us otherwise. Hungry is ok, as least you know you and your baby is eating and gaining weight 🥰

Everyone is different, some have morning sickness so can't really stomach food, others have no appetite. Its ok to have a good appetite