stop at 1. normal?

Is it normal for me to conclude that I should stop at only one child? Cause my husband believes 1) that preggies should learn to control their cravings and shouldnt be be entertained. 2) mummies post and pre natal depression does not exist; as they are not closed with their relationship to God? 3) child is forever clingy to mummy, and daddy feels that nothing can be done. Thus he cannot try to make the child involved with his presence.

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sorry to say but your husband is full of bullshit. Why is he even married and hold the title of Family Man with that kind of theory? If he still does not realise that parenthood is a shared responsibility and dont want to make the effort to learn more about parenting, you can just stop at 1. A leopard will never change its spot. What for have so many kids with him when his mindset is like that? You are the one who will have a very hard time. It takes a whole village to raise a child. When it comes to have sex, both do tgt then when baby appear suddenly everything push to the mother to handle.

Read more

1) Preggies cannot control their cravings and I believe that craving is something that no one can understand unless they’ve experience it . I don’t see a point in learning to control . What do you mean by cannot be entertained ? 2)God doesn’t have anything to do with depression wtf , depression is a mental illness and it has something to do with a doctor . Never bring religious believes when it comes to any form of illness . We are not god , we have doctors . 3) He’s not interested in taking care of the child by helping out (that’s what it sound like to me LOL)

Read more
Super Mum

There are many ppl. Who decided to stop at one for many reasons. But some of the reasons quoted by your husband are honestly not valid esp about pre and post natal depression. They are real and we have seen many who suffered from it. A Japanese lady killed herself last yr cos of that, some even killed the baby too. Anyway, is a personal choice ultimately

Read more

I think in this case you might want to consider asking your husband to go for counseling. There's seriously something wrong with him. Is he still living in the dark ages??? 😡 I'm not usually one to judge but his views are archaic and too way out. Seek help or seek out.

VIP Member

Sounds like ur hub needs to sort out his way of thinking before u even think abt having another kid. Having an uninvolved and uninterested parents would not be healthy for the kid(s). Consider getting him to listen to advice from medical professionals.

Is not true that pre natal depression exist only because they're not close to God. I'm close to God but yet I couldn't control my physical symptoms of fear.. Is only through my weakness that God is strong.

Sorry to say this... Ur husband is having mental issues. It's obvious that he don't want to take up responsibilities... So he's giving some crap excuses to runaway. It's best u stop at one.

Super Mum

What the heck?!!! Sounds like someone who is trying to run away from all his duties. He should go for counselling/ some family seminars to understand his role as a father and husband.

Hi, This clearly is not good conversation and thought process of your husband. I suggest talk and argue with him clearly and straighten things out

Super Mum

I think your hubby has some very narrow ideas there and it’s nothing to do with one or many children. He is just not interested / committed.