Is it normal for a 19 months old toddler to start throwing tantrums when she cannot get her way? My LO has recently been more temperamental and likes to throw tantrums when we do not give in to her. She will yell and cry loudly and wants to lie down on the floor even when we are outside. Could share how do you deal with such situations?

34 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yes it's normal as they are at a age of showing their frustration. They will try their way of getting things by screaming or throwing things around. Have to be firm in talking to them on whats right or whats not. Be firm and explain. Talk to them at their eye level.

Read more

Same here. My son cry a lot when there something not getting his way. Or if he shows tantrum i will hug him a lot and recite prayers because u know mother words is same like prayer . so he knows that i will always comfort him with good words.

my 18mth girl does cry n lay on floor face down expecially when grandpa is around , but i always stop him n tell her 'byebye tell me when u r done crying k' and walk off to observe her. after one or twice she will nv do that again .

i think thats normal . coz my toddler also do that when we dont give him what he want he rolls on the floor even if he's on public places . He always beat her sisters . throw things around . 😂😂😂

Post reply image
TapFluencer

Mine as well, eery time he doesn't et what he wants, one thing I'm more concern of is that he tend to do head banging on the wall or anywhere which he can hit his 🤕 😭

10mo ago

Same goes to my kid. But it concerns me he did that, did u get a consult from doctor?

TapFluencer

yes my baby is like that at around 15 month I will raise my voice as my baby can understands now at 20 month she is scare of me when I raise my voice and she know she can't throw temper at me

Yep! My son loved throwing everything but we always told him to stop doing that and tried to ask him what happened.

VIP Member

Lol yes very normal. Be firm and patient. Don't give in as it will set a bad precedent and difficult to change behaviour in future.

same with my LO..18months old boy. ..nag tatantrums Nadin sya and he always lying on the floor with padyak nang feet ;(

Normal. 3 and 4 are the worst they can reason and argue hahahhahan 5 a lil better and i heard 6 is already good haha