JTR Today is one of the days I lost my patience with my LO (18 mths old) badly. She has been whining and throwing tantrums when she doesn't get what she wants or could do what she wants. To add on, whenever she is like this, I will think about how my in laws keep spoiling and giving in to her until she is like this. This add on to my anger because I blame them for her behaviour.. I don't like it when I feel like this.. sigh..

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It's ok mummy. Everyone has these days of snapping and feeling like crap. Yes at 18monthsold they are at a age of testing boundaries and with grandparents 'love' they push their limit even further with us. Hang in there. Bite it thru. A lot of times i argued w my inlaws over their pampered love for their grandchild which lead them to major tantrum meltdown in public which I have to handle

Read more
7y ago

Thanks Mummy for your reply. Hubby ask why I'm so bad mood today, tell him also he won't understand.. plus he won't be happy if I comment about his parents.. Then he himself also cannot tahan LO's tantrum and whining. Plus when I tell him it's thanks to his parents, he not happy.. Really zzzz

Omg you are not alone! And I get more angry when i tink abt e in laws spoiling my child! But we need to quickly take a step back or walk away from the situation b4 we burst.. Sometimes when e saga is over and i tink abt it, our kid is innocent to our outburst..

VIP Member

No husband would accept their parents as the 'problem' so just bite thru. I tell my husband, he will say i'm being ungrateful and unappreciative. i roll eyes on him multiple times

Read more

Grandparents tend to pamper their grand children.. Regardless maternal or paternal side.. There is no right or wrong after all they are still children.

hey dear, that's okay. i have been feeling annoyed too with baby behaviour lately. you are not alone.