Nong isang gabi nag open up sakin ang anak kung 6 years old na may crush daw sya sa school nila . Paano ko ipapaintindi sa kanya ng maayos na he is to young for that matter ?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Having "crush" on someone at an early age is totally normal. I remember having my first crush when I was in prep, I was 5 years old then. I don't know the term "crush" yet that time but there's strange feeling I've had with one classmate. I kept it to myself until I was in grade 1. It was only that time when I learned about the term crush as almost all my classmates were blurting out their crushes as well. Just have an open communication with your child so he won't hide something from you later on. Don't let him feel that you're against his feelings because it will definitely make him have second thoughts of opening up to you the next time. Be there to guide him and explain to him there's nothing wrong if he admires someone but at his age, his priority should be his studies. Divert mo na lang din attention nya so he'll be encouraged to study well kahit pa may crush sya.

Magbasa pa

I guess hindi mo talaga mapipigilan ang kids na mag-admire ng ibang tao. I think it's normal so if I were you, hahayaan ko lang siya mag-share ng mag-share para ma-feel niya na pwede niya ako pagkatiwalaan. And then after all that, I'll make it clear na okay lang if he likes a girl pero that shouldn't be his priority. Gawin lang niyang inspiration to be a better person or to do well in school. That's it. If I go deeper, he might not understand it better so mas maganda na I'll give advice na maiintindihan niya lang.

Magbasa pa

Talk to your child in a light manner kasi hindi naman nya talaga maiintindihan pa if you tell him that it is not good or he's too young for it. I guess you emphasize it na lang on a positive way para hindi sya mglilihim later on. Explain to him that 'crush' is admiring someone, and it's totally okay. You can also give examples when and why people admire others. This way, ang tatatak sa isip nya is purely admiration ung crush and not something else that will also lead to something not good.

Magbasa pa

I totally agree with Mommy Marionette. At his age, if you explain to him about restrictions of having a crush on someone else, hindi pa niya fully maga-grasp yung idea about why he is "too young for that matter" for that very same reason. I guess, what you need to do right now is to just keep on listening to him. Show your interest and just continue guiding him.

Magbasa pa
VIP Member

Ang sinasabi ko na lang kung gusto mo mapansin ka ng crush mo dapat mag-aral ka ng mabuti. At least kahit itolerate mo slight, no not itolerate pala. yung mapupursige pa din siya na aral muna. Kasi parang iba na kabataan ngayon the more na binabawalan the more na ipipilit ang gusto. Puro pa-cool na lang alam.

Magbasa pa
8y ago

yung kinder ko naririnig na crush2 sa mga pinsan niya. sabi ko na lang hayaan mo sila magcrush2 ikaw naman very good sa school sila magkaka crush sayo hahah though may crush daw siya, pero nageexcel siya sa school unlike nung mga nakaraang grading. Mas ganado na ba.

You can ask your child kung ano ang pagkakaintindi niya sa word na crush. Then based sa sagot niya, you can explain as needed about admiration and we look up to certain people for inspiration etc. And when asking, make her feel comfortable para alam niya na she can open up to you.

At 6 years old, I won't be alarmed even magkaroon sya ng crush. I'll just make sure he understands that it is purely admiration with that person. And as my child grows up, I'll guide her until she has a full understanding na of the things going on around her.

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with kids having crushes, after all it's a sign that they're maturing. Good old admiration is nothing to worry about, as long as you s a parent explains what the emotion is and how to process it.

I think it's normal for kids to have crushes. Listen to your child, but maybe don't encourage the behavior (by teasing, etc). Don't shut him/her down because you want your child to stay open to you as he/she gets older.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-13414)