Child is sick after 1 day at child care

need some advise.. what do u all do if ur child is sick after 1 day at child care? school give them eat fruits like watermelon, orange, which i hardly give her eat when at home.. now is she down with cough, flu, look very tiring and no energy.. what should i do.. my parents is saying me.. but im not the one who give her.. how can i tell the school not to give the children all these fruits..

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How old is your kid. Maybe your kid spend much time inside the house. Should try spending time outdoor activities to strengthen immune system. Maybe you can advise the CC the type of fruits your kid can take if they have any allergies. I do that when my boy was in the CC. I informed the CC they type of food/ fruits to avoid giving my son. Hope this helps. But don't worry too much, kids will grow up well eventually. Maybe a bottle of milk before reaching the CC, to.warm up.their body , chest and lungs ;-). I always do that since baby and even till now age 9.

Read more

Don’t think is the fruits too, instead I feel is good for them to have fruits as I seldom gave mine fruits at home too it will be nice (I feel) for them to have them in school. Kids that just started CC sure get sick easily, they will build up their immune eventually. My daughter got viral fever (which lasted at least 5 days) every month when she started CC, during that period she had HFMD, viral flu, stomach flu, cough too. She only break the “every month fever” thing after 6 months. Hang in there!

Read more
VIP Member

Watermelon is quite cooling. Too much Orange will leads to cough. You can buy vitamins drop to build your lo immune system. Maybe you can visit / call T know that do not give to your lo. Change to Apple instead. Discuss with the Ts there. show your Parents your child’s meal schedule, it’s school standard however you will be discussing with T abt lo’s meal.

Read more
4y ago

Perhaps just started also, the environment is different. I give lo vitamins drops Everyday. Request for lo’s menu send via email see what they give. Then you can discuss:)

Fruits no issue. Probably cos your child immune system is poor, so exposure to other children very easy to catch the flu bug or anything from other children. Have to try to boost your child immune system. He or she has to fall sick and body will strengthen after having fought against the germs. Cannot protect forever and just let child stay at home.

Read more

Hi. Definitely u can inform the CC teacher if there's food to avoid for ur child. I do that all the time when my child was with the CC. All parents must remember. Give your kids GOOD BACTERIA DAILY. Weekend brew soup for ur kid. Nutritional soup is essential for kids. Always keep their body warm. Try to avoid air conditioning cc

Read more
Super Mum

Don't think there's anything wrong with feeding fruits, children tend to get sick when they start child care since it's the first time they're exposed to many other kids. It's expected and actually a good opportunity for them to build their immunity

VIP Member

I don't think it's because of the fruits, the weather lately not so good, my daughter also have flu on and off. fruit is good because it has vitamin, and vitamin can boost immune system, just my thoughts. maybe she got the flu from other kids.

Super Mum

The fruits are good. It’s being around other sick children that makes your LO sick. I started giving my LO vitamin C with elderberry to try to reduce the frequency of illness. Think she got sick 4x the whole year (still manageable).

Hi, This is common as the child slowly gets used to the outside environment. This is should be fine with time but you can also talk to childcare centre people about this and if you have any preferred diet for your child

VIP Member

It takes tine for a child to build his or her immune system. I used to give instructions to the teachers not to give my daugHter certain food like sweets, biscuits etc. They'll understand(: