Screen Exposure Under 2 Years old

I need help. My little one is 9 months old. At home she wont be having any screen exposure.. but when we bring her to visit her grandparents.. they will expose her to handphone & tv even when we already told them not to. And I'm currently pregnant and am afraid to let them take care of my child when I give birth.. afraid if they spend the whole day letting her watch the tv. What should i do...

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

According to American Pediatrics society and also sg health, Younger than 18 months: Screen time is discouraged, other than video-chatting alongside an adult. 18 to 24 months: Limited, high-quality programming/apps co-viewed with an adult is best. Solo viewing is discouraged. Basically under 1 hour per day. How about asking your parents to limit stuff to interactive stuff like WhatsApp video calls with other relatives? For myself whenever I want to talk to my parents about anything serious, I send them an invite for a formal 1 hour meeting. 😂 it helps set context that this is important to me and we need to discuss something. And it’s not just a by the way thing.

Read more