Child is sick after 1 day at child care

need some advise.. what do u all do if ur child is sick after 1 day at child care? school give them eat fruits like watermelon, orange, which i hardly give her eat when at home.. now is she down with cough, flu, look very tiring and no energy.. what should i do.. my parents is saying me.. but im not the one who give her.. how can i tell the school not to give the children all these fruits..

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When you send your child to childcare or school, it is pretty common them to get sick. They will build immune system to it. If you are concern with the food maybe you can inform the school

VIP Member

It's probably not the fruits. Fruits are good when taken in moderation. Likely is the school environment. It's different from home and definitely not as clean as your own home.

Super Mum

Don't think is the fruits. Children tend to get sick once they go to school. You can just inform the teacher if you don't want your child to eat certain fruits.

Super Mum

Dont think the food/fruits are to be blamed. Childcare centres are reservoir for infectious diseases

VIP Member

Children who first started in cc tend to fall sick easily. But they will be building their immunity.

Super Mum

Fruits may not be the problem. Contact with other kids in child care can pass cough flu etc

Super Mum

Do bring the antihistamines medicine to the child care. In case of allergies from new foos

VIP Member

Thanks to all for the advises Maybe she not used to the Long hours in childcare yet

Aww this is common. But once it passes it’ll make your child stronger.

VIP Member

Can you email the school to inform them about your preferred diet?

4y ago

I will inform the school later Cos I dunno what fruits do they give to her.. she just started cc