Harmony or Igene? Or just Oscar will do?

Hi mummies, here to get some sensing from u all. Did u all just do Oscar test? Or did u all went ahead and do Harmony/Igene and skip Oscar? Between Harmony and Igene, which is recommended? My friend recommended Igene as it tests more and based in Sg. But it seems alot of expensive too. Abit more anxious as I conceived via IVF and so this bb didn't come by easily~ Will appreciate your insights! TIA! #advicepls #firstbaby #1stimemom

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I will take igene too and will skip OSCAR. Initially, was thinking to do both because I saw a video that OSCAR is necessary too for checking any structural abnormalities. When I mentioned this over a phone call to clinic, the nurse told me that my gynae (Prof Biswas) will be doing the checking, so just do NIPT (igene), dun need to do both. My test will be this coming Friday. When is urs?

Read more
1y ago

Thanks Melina! That’s exactly our experience of him. Glad that we decided to engage him.

IVF mommy too! I did NIPT and Oscar as Oscar covers other things not covered by NIPT. Not sure about Igene, but if OSCAR is redundant I'll be pissed with the gynae for recommending it to be done concurrently. it's nice to know your baby's gender early anyway.

NIPT I've 2 lovely children from IVF I believe cost is not an issue if you can afford to go for IVF, most importantly is to have healthy baby do not listen too much from anyone except your gynae, trust their professionalism

Read more

I'm quite kiasu, I did both OSCAR and igene. If budget is not an issue, I suggest just do both. OSCAR also checks for structural anomalies e.g. scanning the heart, organs, brains, limbs, fingers, toes etc...

hi! im in ivf mum too :) i just did oscar as no matter what the results are, we're keeping the baby. but if you want to skip oscar, i heard Igene is the better choice though expensive. take care!

I took igene. Partially gynae recommended but he mention most of his patients choose that. There were other choices but we went ahead with igene. I skipped oscar.

i took oscar first then harmony test. oscar shows any abnormalities from scan which i think is quite important too.

TapFluencer

none of the tests as regardless I will keep the baby

I didn’t do any test. Waste time waste money.

I took Igene.. just want to be safe .