oscar test

Anybody took oscar and results was incorrect? Dont know if i should go for oscar or not. What test did u take? Oscar/harmony/etc?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It depends on you. Are you prolife? If yes no need to take. If you’re not, then take it just to ease your worries. I ddnt take as The only solution they have if the fetus got defects is abortion. And i dont like it. So you must decide tho.

Took panorama for #1 but results came back inconclusive had to take oscar. Ended up spent more than usual. Currently for #2, only took oscar. Results all cleared and saved so much money.

I am so nervous. I have to take the test next week and don't know if I should do both Oscar and nipt. how do you deal with the wait for the results! so nerve wracking

Super Mum

I took panorama. Heard reviews that Oscar test accuracy not good and give many mummies a big scare (is: high risk) and end up doing NIPT (ie: Low risk).

4y ago

Yes. I'm one of them. Oscar - high risk and NIPT - low risk.

Took Oscar. Due to absent of nasal bone during scan, became high risk 1:39. So took panorama, result came out low risk.

TapFluencer

I took the OSCAR test. Was fine. If you are a high risk mummy I.e. older mother, you may want to take the NIPT.

VIP Member

no need to take if you will accept the baby whatever the outcome.

Took NIPT. It’s much more accurate than Oscar.

I took Oscar.

VIP Member

I took harmony..

4y ago

Hi sis,is there a way I can pm you? Would like check with you on the test you did as I'm contemplating too. Thank you in adv.