need to rant. some times I really cannot take my mil. we told her before to not come in the room when baby is sleeping or drinking milk, as my baby is easily distracted when drinking milk and when at home sleeping yaolan, she will wake up when people talks. then she keep coming in and talking, I've been trying to end the convo, but she keeps talking. and tada, baby wakes up and cry. than she will say "她不要睡觉,我来抱"(she don't want to sleep, I carry her), it's not she don't want to sleep, is you wake her up for god's sake. it's always like this. talk to her also useless. my sil also, come back home always bang the door, got key also dont want to open herself, must keep banging the door and ask people open the gates for her. go inside the room also bang door. last night, my mil own self want to carry baby and tell baby I'm not at home(I am actually at home), cause she say want to try taking care of her. and than my sil came out and ask my baby, "欺负嫲嫲hor?! 谁教你欺负嫲嫲的?!"(bully grandma hor?! who teach you to bully grandma?!) I was so pissed, what is she trying to say? that I teach my baby to bully people? than what about her son? her 2 years old son throw tempers and hit my mil in the face, threw her specs away, and my sil is just beside my mil when this happen and she keeps quiet!!!!! why say my baby when you didn't even teach yours?!?!?!?! end. thanks for listen to me.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello. Firstly i think u should calm down. I can understand that it is really irritating especially when we have tried for a very long time to put babas to sleep or tried very hard to coax baby to drink milk and they have to come to sabotage the whole thing. Some times u just need to repeat yourself. Sometimes its just becaus ur mil doesn't have enough chance to play/carry baby that's why she is being like that - bluff u not in, want to offer to carry when its not the right time. My kid also needs quite quiet environment to sleep and drink but actually i think it is not a good thing and i hope to train him to be more flexible and able to drink and sleep in a more distractful environment - which u may want to consider too. Otherwise, forever very hard to go out or sleep outside when we go out. So its actually good to intro some noise to the environment. I am guessing that your child is less than 6 months? When their eyesight becomes better and can see further and Colours, they will soon be extremely easy to distract - by then what are u going to do? Always face the corner of the room to feed? Not practical. So its good to have a bit of training, no need to be so uptight about it. Otherwise, u have to pay back in the future when the child cant sleep because of a younger sibling being noisy or simply crying. Btw, I don't think ur sil really means what she say yar. It is meant as a joke or harmless remark. Not to instigate or suggest anything mean yar

Read more
8y ago

hello! yes, my baby is less than 6 months old. but she has no problem falling asleep and drinking milk when she is outside at crowded places or noisy places. is only at home she needs to sleep in quiet room.

Hehe I can feel u.. my boy also very sensitive.. But still I guess u need to let her to get use to little sound or else if next time got any construction or road work going on it will be hectic for u.. just my boy now I slowly let him get use to a bit of noise then he getting better.. hehe.. press on mummy jia you...

Read more
8y ago

hi mummy! my baby is okay with noises outside, like when we go out, she can sleep fine.. is only like at home, some noise like tv or construction is okay. but my sil son is suddenly screaming in high pitch. banging on the door. sigh....

Hi, I can understand you concern. You should calm down. Talk to MIL and make her understand your concern. If still it doesn't work in your favor then you should talk to you hubby on this matter. You Mil will definitely listen to his son. I think it should work for you. All the best!

I feel u especially for the mil part. Yest my bb was slping n I was carrying him n Guess what ?? My mil Keep touching and shaking my baby wanting to wake him up. Wait a while for him to wake up will die? Luckily my hb stopped her if not I sure angry

I think your sil was just kidding. But I really don't like it when ppl bang the door. My hub ah Ma talks very loud on the phone every time too, and my Son always wakes up. So I can understand how u feel.

8y ago

ya, I hate it when people bang and slam the gates and doors too. it's like we owe them like this. very annoying and rude.