Just need to rant it all out .. I'm a SAHM .. my hubby is always so passive when it comes to helping me with our Two kids. For example , after he has finished his meal while I'm still struggling to feed our 9 months old, he can jus happily play with his phone or walk away to do his things even though he knows that I've not eaten n my plate filled with rice is still untouched on the table . After I've fed my Baby , I need to watch over him n gobble down the food that has already turned cold n many times I jus lost my appetite . Like jus now, I told him I haven't eaten yet but he jus keep quiet n do his own things. I'm so upset! :( we don't have helper or parents or in-laws at home so is entirely on our own . I have to ask him to help then he will slowly n reluctantly come n help :( Not only this , many other things too .. he is just so passive! Brought kids to East Coast .. he can Just sit farther away from the sea n play with phone while I struggle with Two kids at the beach near the sea. I'm really angry ! I don't believe that all husbands are like that ! I'm sure there are very hands-on daddies around ! I tried telling him directly . No use . I dunno what else I can do :(

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am thankful that my husband is willing to learn especially since we are new parents.. my boy is 20 months.. He will try to help me and spend time with his boy. Sometimes when he is busy, he will struggle to spend time . Back when he was single, he wasn't close to his parents and didn't bond well .. so I am glad that he is trying to have more presence in my son's life. For meals, my son is willing to sit on our laps and let us have time to eat. Usually one of us will eat first while the other will feed.. Then once the parent finished dinner, will carry the child and let the other one eat. I guess it really takes lots of patience and love for both parents especially the father to be involved in the child's life

Read more