Washing newborn clothes before wear

Hello. Is it necessary to wash all newborn clothes before they wear? Is it necessary to use baby laundry detergent, or is sensitive skin laundry detergent ok?

63 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

yes. must wear before wear. it's very dirty during sewing. they might drop on thr floor when sewing. any laundry detergent that is for babies are fine.

For hygienic purpose it is a good practice, sometimes normal laundry detergent has been used as well, no issues, but my babies did not have sensitive skin

Any brand baby detergent is fine, best to use for newborn. I bought a 3L detergent, probably after finishing then i will swtich to normal detergent

VIP Member

I prefer to wash before wear as it’s been stored for some time. Not necessary for baby detergent but don’t mix and wash with adults clothing ?

Yes, better to wash it first and to use baby laundry detergent when baby still young. When my son turned 2 I used normal laundry powder already

yup, i prefer wash before the baby wear. to avoid from itchy even though the cloths new. and for me, its better used baby laundry detergent.

VIP Member

Yes it is better to wash all newborn cloth as newborn had sensitive skin.Better use detergent that is formulated for newborn.

Super Mum

Yes mummy, newborns are extremely vulnerable ans their skin is also sensitive so please wash their clothes before they wear.

Yes have to wash all before baby wears. I used baby safe detergent as it is mild for baby than the usual adult one we use

TapFluencer

Best to wash all newborn clothes to make sure they are clean. I would choose to wash with baby detergents