Help 4 year old learn alphabets

My younger son is 4yrs old this year, he still cant recognize all alphabet and number. How to help?

Help 4 year old learn alphabets
16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There is nothing wrong a child develops differently there is nothing wrong with that not all kids learn that fast. My boy is turning 5 he does not know his alphabet from start to end . He can count from 1-20 yes and say the days of the week but don't put too much pressure on him . Help him understand when it's teaching time and play time there is a difference and he/she should know that. Take your time as you sit and help and make things as easy as possible put on education toddler cartoons where they help with alphabet and numbers it will also help and adds a bit of fun.

Read more

I highly recommend Leapfrog Letter Factory. The songs in the DVDs are catchy and easy to learn. My kids able to memorize the letters and their sounds within a week. Also, after they learn the letters and sounds, you can reinforce with alphabet puzzles. For me, I also start to introduce beginning sounds using picture cards. You can get a lot of ideas from pinterest and free templates are available for download.

Read more
Post reply image

Give him time. You can do home practice with him, like using alpha magnets during play time or even alpha biscuits- when he is snacking. Keep reminding him of the letters. Another way you can relate is using his favorite cartoon characters for some letters- eg, Barney - b for Barney. Things that he can relate well too may help him. All in all, make learning fun. time an patience do play a part here.

Read more

Have you tried singing the alphabet song while flashing cards with the letters to him? I observed that it's always easier to memorise and remember thing when you sing it out. By singing the alphabets out, your child might be able to recognise and commit them to memory better.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-6061)

For numbers, leapfrog has Number recognition too, Number Ahoy. After recognition, you have to reinforce the things that he has learned through hands-on activities or manipulative.

Post reply image

For numbers, leapfrog has Number recognition too, Number Ahoy. After recognition, you have to reinforce the things that he has learned through hands-on activities or manipulative.

I have a 2yr old son he can actually recognize the colors,alphabets,numbers, and animals. He can sing some nursery rhymes. Watching chuchu Tv at Youtube was a great help!

I found alot of alphabet songs on youtube and thats how my daughter learnt it. I find that she learns better with music. Make it fun

Hi Regina, I suggest that you consult a developmental pediatrician for your son so that you would know what’s the best approach.